chapter 26

B E T H A N Y

When I heard Luke had a seizure, I was out of the door before Ethan could even fathom what happened. I was going to make sure he was okay. No, my crush has nothing to do with it... Okay maybe a LITTLE. But that doesn't change anything. He is one of my best friends, and I was going to be there regardless.

"Bethany wait!" Ethan yelled at me

I picked up the pace. He was going slow and that honestly sounds like a personal problem.

"Colemers I will storm back into your house and steal all your cheetos and iced tea." He threatened

I froze.

"You wouldn't dare it, Blyce" I challenged, glaring at him

"Mmh, but I would, Colemers."

"Blyce"

"Colemers"

"Ethan get back here right now!" I yelled running and jumping on his back.

"Ow, get off!" He whined

"Are- are you calling me fat?" I whispered, faking crying.

I started running down to Luke's house knowing that was the only way Ethan wouldn't stop me.

I figured that Luke and Ethan had some sort of pact to keep me out of things, because I've been so excluded, and honestly it isn't sitting well with me. What don't they want me knowing? I already know he has epilepsy.. AND. I don't remember that affecting anything. Huh. Because it doesn't.

I was grabbed- no snatched out of my thoughts as Ethan deemed it necessary to grab me and swing me around.

At this point I was ready to kick the kid where the sun doesn't shine.

"Ethan Wallace Blyce I will kick you so hard in your balls there won't be anything left for Zach to play with if you don't let me go see Luke, right now."

Ethan doesn't know I like Luke, so why he's not letting me see him, I have no idea.

Ethan puts me downs and walks in stride with me, poorly hiding his beet red face.

I smiled smugly at him, "What? No objections?" I teased.

"Shut up" He grumbled, pressing his chin to his chest, and lifting his hoodie over his face.

I let out a loud laugh, "I'm just kidding baby you know I love you." I smiled, removing his hoodie.

He faintly smiled, before letting out a sigh. Worry creasing his features

"What's going on?" I asked him

"What do you-"

"Ethan." I warned

"Fine, Jesus... I guess I'm just trying to look out for everyone. Bethany it's bad.. Like really bad. Yesterday was undoubtedly one of the scariest days of my life. I thought he was dying, and what was even worse was I didn't know what to do. What if were hanging out together and he has one and I don't know what to do. I just don't want you to go through what I went through. Plus, I don't Luke to be embarrassed. We're his best friends, if he feels weird around us after a seizure, then the walls are built and we'll slowly lose him, and I don't want that. I just... I just want everyone to be happy." He sighs looking down at the ground.

"Ethan... You said it yourself. We're his best friends. What he goes through, we go through. You said yesterday was one of the scariest day of your life and where are you going right now, to check on him. You're not running away or avoiding confrontation. If Luke dare feel embarrassed in front of us, we will let hell freeze over before we stop trying to get him to be all of him around us. You aren't losing anyone, Eth. I swear." I reassure him.