epilouge

L U K E

"Tyler, stop fucking around with me and help me find something to wear." I groaned, glaring at the older teen who had a smug smirk on his face. "Stop." I whined.

"What? Little Lukey just needs helps from big brother on his date." Tyler teased.

"No, fuck you. I have Ethan." I scoffed, yelling Ethan's name so he would get out of my kitchen and up here to help me.

"What?" He calls, his mouth stuffed with crackers, crumbs spewing out onto the floor messily.

"Okay, one that's fucking gross, two help me get dressed since Ty decided to be a bitch today of all days." I snap, already stressed out. 

Ethan's hand lands on my shoulder and I tense, "Not helping E." I mutter, nervously sifting through the clothes in my closet.

"Luke. What's up?" He asks, forcefully turning me around.

"Nothing- okay everything. What if she doesn't like it? What if it's awkward? What if I fall flat on my face because of my crutches, what if-"

"Luke. Calm down. Beth is not going to do any of those things, okay? It's clear she likes you, it'll only be awkward if you make it awkward. Besides if you do fall, just laugh about it, you know Beth hates it when you downplay your injuries so she'll be too busy scolding you for laughing instead of it being awkward." Ethan interrupts me.

I sigh, nervously biting my nails, "Yeah, I guess you're right. But I still don't know what to wear."

"We got this. Tyler Bentley Watson, with everything in me you better not be fucking extra right now." Ethan says, pushing me back onto the bed before glaring up at Tyler.

"I wasn't even being that extra, I was just trying to get him to admit he needed help. He's just dramatic." Tyler scoffed.

"Yeah, he called you in here for help not decor. Now stop fucking around we have work to do." Ethan snapped, his eyes narrowing at Tyler before turning around and sifting through my closet.

Tyler playfully rolled his eyes, finally going to up to help Ethan look for clothes for me to wear. 10 arguments, 20 groans about my lack of fashion sense, and multiple threats to Tyler's well being later, a pair of light washed denim joggers, a white long sleeved t-shirt, and a slightly over-sized tan corduroy jacket from Tyler's closet, was thrown at me.

Ethan threw himself down my bed, "What would you do without me." He bragged playfully, "Sorry L, but your fashion sense is so straight it's sickening me. You're forbidden from going shopping without me ever again."

"Fuck you Ethan." I chuckled.

"No, but with a heart though babe." He winked.

"Anyways." Tyler interrupted, shooting Ethan a weirded out glance to which Ethan also winked at, "What are you guys doing tonight."

"I was going to take her painting down at that new place downtown, then get ice cream and feed the ducks and watch the sunset." I shrugged.

Ethan blinked at me, his face holding disbelief, "What that's it? No secret picnic in the park, no secret love song, no promise ring. Just painting and ice cream. Seriously?"