Day 2

Prompt: A spell is cast over the whole server so that people can see the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. While everyone else is wondering why Tango is a demon or why Cub and Scar's eyes are glowing, only X seems to notice that EX is missing...

The wind blew across the ocean, causing the water to ripple and the spray to splash on Cleo's face. She looked at the moon, glowing down on her beautiful town of Tort Tuba. She was about to head inside when she heard the rolling of thunder. A sudden storm broke across the server and- wait was that royal blue lightning?

Cleo rubbed her eyes, deciding that yes, she was very tired. She headed to bed, as flashes of royal blue struck every Hermit's base, destroying every illusion and delusion on the entire server. They'd wake up to the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

The Time Skip rides in on a tide of pickle juice and crushed dreams.

Zed knocked on the door cheerfully, ready for a bright and happy day out with his friends, Tango and Impulse. He was at Tango's house, and the two were due to go pick up Impulse afterwards. When he didn't receive a response, he knocked again. There was muffled angry shouting, in what was clearly Tango's voice, then silence.

And the sound of a ceramic mug dropping to the floor and shattering, followed by more angry and startled noises. Zed picked up the key from a nearby window box and let himself in, looking around the house for Tango.

It took him a second to realise that the figure with glowing red eyes struggling to clasp a hooded cloak was Tango. Zed ran over to his friend, concerned. Tango dropped the cloak in shock, revealing what had happened.

Massive red wings stretched from his back, and he had grey horns poking out of the sides of his head. His eyes had literally changed shape and were differently pigmented, plus glowing slightly. Tango looked away in shame.

"You're a... demon?"

"Yeah. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry."

"There's nothing to apologise for! This is amazing! Why didn't you tell us!?"

"Because you owe your soul to an old friend of mine?"

"Oh right, I forgot about that part."

And with that, Zed ran out of the house, screaming.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-

-eanwhile...

Scar yawned, and looked in the mirror. He was almost instantly blinded by an incredibly bright light. Squinting through it, he saw it was coming from his eyes. That meant the illusion had broken. Which, in turn, meant trouble. He threw on his mask, which he thought he'd never have to use for its original purpose again, and went to find Cub.

When he ran into the other Vex, he saw that Cub, too, had his mask on. The duo looked at each other wordlessly for a couple seconds, and then Scar asked the inevitable question:

"You too, huh?"

But before they could get anywhere further into their conversation, they were interrupted by an unexpected screaming Zedaph, which is a cursed image to be certain. Due to plot convenience, he ran out of breath a few meters past them.

Cub and Scar glanced at each other, and called Xisuma.

LET'S DO THE TIME SKIP AGAIN!

X rifled through the code with his admin screens, finding nothing that seemed to be of any use whatsoever. He looked around at every line, seeing nothing. Sighing, he resigned himself to going into the code. But he needed someone to act as anchor point if he got stuck in there, so he called up Evil X.

The call went dead. Xisuma tried again, but there was no response. He looked around, shocked. No. It couldn't be. The pattern with the others was the removal of illusions, so that meant... no. No. Evil X couldn't just be a figment of Xisuma's imagination... could he?

Xisuma looked at his screens. His beloved twin was just a wisp of a daydream. He was alone.

No, I'm not giving y'all a happy ending, who do y'all think I am? A good person?

No.

Cupra, signing off from the past!