Day 5

Prompt: Ever since the Sahara Grand Opening, Mumbo's been fighting the urge to kill someone. And then he sees Scar accidentally break Storage Wars. Next thing he knows, there's a near-dead Vex on the ground, and Mumbo is holding the blood-soaked axe.

TW: Murder, blood, violence, character death, etc.

Mumbo didn't understand what was going on. Ever since what happened with Ren, something had been wrong. It was as if he was slowly losing his mind. More often than not, he'd find himself with a diamond sword or axe in his hands, thinking about hurting and killing people for even the slightest transgressions.

It happened all of a sudden. Mumbo was casually visiting Storage Wars when he saw Scar staring down a pillager. He felt powerless to move as a creeper jumped down into the playing area, as he heard Scar yelp, the sound of an explosion, and a limp thud.

Mumbo hurried down to see if Scar was alright. Scar was slowly standing up, bracing himself against the wall. There was a massive crater in the middle of Mumbo's redstone, delicate design destroyed forever.

"Oh! Mumbo, I'm so sorry, the creeper snuck up on me, I couldn't do anything-"

"Oh, it's fine! It's fine!" Mumbo's hand clutched tighter around his axe, every part of his mind struggling to not snap. And then his self-control failed, and Mumbo blacked out.

When he next became aware of his actions, Scar was slumped on the floor, barely conscious and bleeding heavily. Mumbo's axe was soaked in blood, his suit dyed red. Mumbo dropped the axe and knelt down at Scar's side.

Scar looked up at him, eyes only the tiniest sliver open, and tried to push him away. Mumbo pulled out a healing potion, offering it wordlessly to Scar. Before Scar could accept or deny it, however, there was clamour, and Cleo's voice called out:

"There they are!"

Mumbo had barely any time to react before he was pinned to the ground, the potion that could have saved Scar's life smashed on the ground. Cub lifted up his chin with a diamond sword, looking him dead in the eye.

"Why?"

"I don't know. I can't even remember. But you can still save him, with a healing potion. Like the one you made me break on the ground."

Cub dropped the sword, rushing over to Scar, forcing a healing potion into his hands. Scar shook his head, croaking out something inaudible as the blood loss claimed his life. Cub held Scar in a desperate hug as rigor mortis set in, trapping Cub as the blood soaked his lab coat. Cub broke down, unable to entirely cope with the loss of Scar.

"I'm sorry... I don't know what happened to me that made me kill him..." Mumbo swallowed as he spoke, crying.

"I don't care." Cub's eyes began to glaze over with apathy, as the shock was too much.

And then Mumbo passed out from exhaustion. And someone made sure he never woke up.

Sorry about that, I just can't catch a break from killing Scar! Don't worry, next time I kill a Vex it'll be Cub. I've already written that chapter, I did long before I killed Scar for the first time.

Cupra, signing off from the past!