Prolouge: "Perfect Future"

"I think I've got you this time, Homey!"

"Oh. Do ya?"

"Uh huh! Just watch me!"

On a beautiful night, the silver moonlight shone over the kingdom of Stardust. It reflected on the light pink sand, and the famously known 'Sparkling Sea'.

The townspeople had just started to settle for the night, and the sweet smell of the Bakery's pastries still moved throughout the bright pink streets.

As always, the stars above sparkled their brightest. It truly was a place from a fairytale.

At the center of it all was Rexcelsior. Rex Dangervest's spaceship. Its signature blue shade illuminated the area in a cool hue.

Inside, the Prince and Princess spent the evening filled with joy. Rex and Marie, their story was told across the entire galaxy.

Finally, despite everything that happened, the once Villain felt at peace. He was with the love of his life, and everything was perfect.

The Royal Couple sat on their living room floor, in a fresh set of sleepwear. After a shared shower the Princess smelled like warm vanilla cupcakes, and it attracted her husband to her long brunette locks.

He playfully twisted a strand of her hair, while she looked down at the board game in front of her. She picked up a card, and moved her character piece three spaces forward.

"There! Now, I'm in front of you, and I unlocked an extra turn. So..." She picked another card, "Jackpot! Six more spaces."

She moved her piece to the end of the board map, and smiled triumphantly.

"Haha! I won!" She poked his cheek, "You owe me cheesecake."

"Hey. I don't remember agreeing to that."

"You're my husband. So, it automatically means you owe me something."

"That doesn't make sense!" He playfully shoved her.

Marie sighed, and placed her hand on her cheek.
"I am hungry though. Should I really eat before bed?"

"We don't have to go to bed now, do we?"

"We have a job early tomorrow. I think it's best that we do. It's a lot of signing."

"Lame."

"I know it's boring, Tough Guy, but it has to be done."

Rex leaned closer to her, and moved his fingertips along her chin, turning her gaze towards him. For a short moment, he looked into her sparkling eyes, before speaking.

"It's so much less boring when I'm with you."

"Aww, aren't you sweet?"

She placed a kiss on his lips, before she started putting the board game away. After every piece was back in the box, she closed it, and placed it in the cabinet under the television.

When she stood up, the moonlight from the surrounding windows framed her body, and shimmered in the pink of her long hair.

She turned towards him, and noticed his gaze sharpen at her. She chuckled playfully.

"What?"

"Nothing. You're just- How did I end up with the most gorgeous wife in the entire universe?"

The Princess beamed with a flustered expression, as she walked over to him. The two of them sat on the couch, and she gently placed her hand over his.

"Because we were each other. I'm the prettiest to you, and you're the handsomest to me. We've been through a lot these past few years."

"Too much." The Prince hummed, "The week after our Honeymoon I was possessed by a ghost. Then a couple weeks after Kingston came along and made fairytales real."