chapter 1

I sat on my last suitcase trying to zip it up. Dang this thing was full! I finally got it zipped all the way.

"YES!" I whisper screamed. I dragged the suitcase off my bed and set it next to the other 4. My room was basically empty besides a couple of old posters still on my wall and my bed with my matress. My room truly looked naked. I laughed and quietly made my way down the stairs since it was only 4:30 in the morning. I had to get to the airport because my flight left at 7:30, and I still needed to get some breakfast. I walked over to the fridge and got out milk and an apple, then made my way over to the cupboard to grab some cereal. I grabbed the fruit loops and smiled while grabbing my bowl. I poured myself a large bowl and happily ate my cereal, waiting until I should wake my mom up. I ate my apple and threw the core away, going to walk back up the stairs to wake my mom up. I looked at the clock and it said it was 4:50, right when my mom wanted me to wake her up.

I made my way over to her door, knocking quietly and tip toeing over to her side of the bed. My dad was on a business trip and would be home in 2 days, but couldn't make it home in time to say goodbye. We skyped last night and we were going to skype tonight, but I was disapointed that I wasn't able to say a proper goodbye. I snapped out of my thinking and made my way to my mom. I lightly shook her shoulder and her eyes opened a little, looking at me and smiling. The smile only lasted a second when she realized why I was waking her up so early. I was leaving because I'm going to Juilliard in the fall, but I'm leaving now, which is June, because I want to get to know New York considering I live in LA. I was going to start my long journey of plane rides soon, and my mom was sad that I was leaving. My brother is away at college in Florida, so I'm her last child at home. She looked at me.

"Is it time?" She asked. I nodded sadly and left her so she could get ready. I walked back into my room and packed my laptop, phone, ipod, some books, and my notebook into my gym bag so that it could be my carry on, and I set it on one of my suitcases. I stuffed my blanket in along with my things, and made my way with the first suitcase down the stairs. The house was dark besides the lamp I turned on in the living room earlier. I set the first one by the door and made my way back to my room to get the others. It took me about 2 minutes to get all the suitcases downstairs, and then I ran back up to grab my carry on. I still had some time before we were leaving, so I decided to grab a different shirt because I was sweating. I had been up since 2, but I took a shower and watched some tv before getting up and packing the last of my things. I was in my gray sweatpants from Pink, and my white vneck. I loved these sweat pants because they fit perfectly in my uggs, and didn't look ridiculous.

I went into my bathroom and redid my messy bun, making it look less disheveled. I put a sports headband on to hold back my bangs and made my way back to my mom once I was satisfied with my appereance. I'm only going to an airport so I don't need to look like I'm going down the runway Plus I'm taking 3 flights to get there, so I want to be as comfortable as possible. I stopped by my closet and pulled my black uggs out, the slipped them over my socks and sweatpants. I threw my Cool Story Bro sweatshirt on and turned my light off for the last time. I sighed and shut my door, turning to walk into my mom's room. She was comlpetly dressed and was finishing throwing her long hair into ponytail and putting on some lip gloss. She saw me smiling at her reflection in the mirror and turned towards me. She had a sad smile on her face and came to hug me.

"My dear Ali, you look gorgeous even in sweatpants. I could never pull that off." We both laughed, and a smile settled itself on my face. 

"Come on babe, or we will be late. You have your phone and computer to skype dad?" She asked. I nodded and she pulled my hand, walking me to the stairs after turning all her lights off. We walked down the stairs and I let go of her hand to pull all my luggage out to the car. We both took 2 suitcases and dragged them outside and threw them into the back seat. I ran back to the door and grabbed my last suitcase and carry on and sadly shut the door. This would be the last time I see the house in a long time. I sighed and made my way back to the car. I pulled my suitcase with ease and slammed the car door shut after throwing the last suitcase in. I set my carry on in the front seat and lit up my white iphones screen, telling me it was 5:45. Mom turned the radio on and Payphone was on. I sang quietly to myself, trying not to be too loud because of the time.