MPRM:Chapter 45:A Forever Goodbye Or Not?

SELENA'S POV

Today, one week will be over. Huling araw na kailangan kong sulitin...

*...Don't bid me goodbye...*

"Hello?"

[Today is the day. 8pm Selena. Sigurado ka na ba talaga?]

"I am. I'm hanging up." I said then ended the call. Bigla namang bumukas yung pinto ng kwarto ko at nakita ko si Clyde.

"Are you hungry?"

"No."

"You didn't eat." His eyes frost and his jaw hardens.

"No, I didn't eat." I sit back on my heels and regard him passively. "After witnessing you with your so called friend slash thesis partner slash childhood friend together, suppressed my appetite." I said and glare at him.

"Let me fix you something to eat." He said ignoring my words.

"I'm tired. Matutulog na lang ako." Ang lame ng excuse ko. But who cares? He suddenly pulls me up. He gazes down at me, his expression soft.

"No, you need to eat, Selena." He leads me to the kitchen area and ushers me toward a bar-stool as he heads to the fridge. I glance at my watch and it's already 12PM.

"I'm really not hungry." He studiously ignores me as he ferrets through the enormous fridge.

"Pretzels?" He asks.

"In the fridge? No way!" I snap.

"Beef steak?" He looks so hopeful and endearing.

"Your favorite, eh?" He nods enthusiastically, and my heart melts.

"You want?" I nod. Agad naman niyang nilagay yun sa microwave. The microwave pings announces that our lunch is warmed through.

It smells divine, and I am famished.

"Sorry about JM." He murmurs.

"Why are you sorry?"

"It must be a shock for you, finding her in your apartment."

"Clyde, apartment natin."

"Sorry. Wala lang talaga si JM sakin. I told you, kababata ko siya. Her parents died when she was 10. At dun kami naging magkakilala. I'm the one beside her, comforting her. Hanggang dun lang Selena. Hanggang kaibigan lang."

"So, what did the both of you do when I'm not around? Nung nasa cali. pa ko, anong ginawa niyo?" I glance up at him, and he freezes. That's not good...

"You really want to know?"

"Yes." I whisper.

"I've been helping her. Nag break sila ng boyfriend niya weeks ago. Sinasaktan niya si JM. Binubugbog. Nakatira sila sa iisang condo. Wala siyang magawa that's why she asks some help at me." His voice is hoarse.

"What kind of help?"

"Selena, wag na nating pag-usap-"

"Answer me Clyde. What kind of help?"

"I-I'm pretending as her b-boyfriend..."

My fragile, jealous self can't bear it. Suddenly I want to cry-not succumb to ladylike tears that trickle decorously down my cheeks, but howling-at-the-moon-crying. I take a deep breath to surpress the urge, but my throat is arid and uncomfortable from my unshed tears and sob.