Chapter one: May I have this dance

The snow queen was awake, full bloom, beckoning Anne to wake up. The sun shine peeking through its dainty blossoms. Anne sat up in her bed half awake. She glanced over at her dear friend, a genuine smile tugging at her soft lips.

She could hear her glorious sister singing to her in that beautiful voice, "wake up, arise dearest, come dance with me."
So that Anne did.

The balls of her feet hitting the oak floor, the taps sounding like music as she began skipping. She reached for her lacy bed cover, laying it on her red hair. She could hear the birds singing there sweet song, by her windowsill.
Anne stepped towards the blossom tree reaching out saying,
"May I have this dance, my dearest prince wysteria."
She bowed down in front of the windowsill her blanket trailing down her back.

She could hear the tree, which of course was her prince at the moment, whisper back, "it would be an utter honer, to dance with the beauty princess Cordelia."

"Why thank you, you look utterly pulchritudinous."
The girl opened her arms and began gracefully twirling around with the imaginative prince in her arms. She laughed, her smile wide, as she sang with the orchestra outside her window consisting of the leaves rustling, the sweet wind laughing, the birds whistling.

"Beautiful dreamer wake unto me,"-she heard a soft, melodious knock on her door.

Not allowing it to disrupt her blissful imaginary dream, she danced over to the door continuously singing. Then with a swift twist of her wrist she pulled the door open to reveal a,
smiling Gilbert Blythe.

Of course Anne Shirley was much to far off in dream land to notice the boy, so she simply continued her dance assuming it was Marilla. Now humming her tune Gilbert simply sat on her bare bed quickly observing the reason for its Bareness. He just smiled Brightly adoring the red head's performance. The boy of course being Gilbert Blythe and all, thought this to be the best opportunity to join in the dance.

He stood up and wrapped his arm hesitantly around her waist and moved her hands to his shoulder all in one motion. They bother felt sparks go up their arms as they danced, hearts beating fast, butterfly's flying in their stomaches. Both of the teens would deny it if asked, but, in their hearts they both knew, this felt right, dancing together, it felt as if the stars were aligning.

The two went on dancing until Anne realized what was happening, it only took about ten seconds. She pulled away suddenly, wide eyed. He simply gazed back at her and gave a quick flirtatious wink.

"Marilla sent me up to tell you that breakfast is ready," and with that he began to inch his way to the door.
With His hand on the door nob he turned his head to look at the girl, who was, as he noted, blushing ferociously with her mouth agape.

"Oh, and thank you for the dance, princess Cordelia," he bowed down then walked out the door, carefully closing it behind him.

Gilbert would have felt better about his words, had he not been blushing just as much as Anne. He shook is head smiling, trying to beckon the butterflies in his stomach to leave, but not to his surprise, he failed. He assumed they would not fully leave until his mind was off Anne, which was a very rare occurrence, indeed.

"Is she about ready to come down," asked Marilla, who was sitting at a empty table.

"She might need a couple of minutes," the boy chuckled to himself quietly.

"I don't believe I ever thanked you for inviting me to breakfast Marilla"-

"Oh don't mention it, you are always welcome here Gilbert," said Marilla kindly.

Mathew came in from the barn, hung his hat and coat up then sat down at the table by Marilla. Gilbert made his way the the other side over the table leaving a open seat by him, for a certain redhead, but of course he wouldn't admit that if asked. As if on cue, Anne bounded down the stairs, red braids swinging.

She took the only open seat, which just so happened to be beside, the one, the only,
Gilbert Blythe.
"There are those butterflies again," thought both Anne and Gilbert.

Just so you know the chapters in this story get a lot longer, when I first wrote this I wasn't as comfortable with writing so that's why the first few chapters are so short

Published August 4 2019
Dedicated to LostGirlOfStars happy birthday! ;)