Chapter twenty-seven: Here we go

'Are you ready!"

'Are you ready!"

Anne exclaims, literally jumping up and down with excitement. Gilbert laughs as he watches her eyes dance and shine.

"It's about time, I mean the countdown has been excruciating."

The two are outside waiting by the train to board while Diana gets mildly scolded by her parents and Charlie kisses his sisters and mother good bye.

Anne is ecstatic. It's as if all the nervousness she has felt is taking over her and she doesn't have control over her body. She has no say in her jumping and squealing, she only hopes it is covering the nervousness she feels with Gilbert. But it's not a bad nervous, I'n fact it's a nervousness she's become accustom to, just now it's become a bit much. She is blushing giggling and jumping.

Why can't I stop jumping?

Gilbert corks an eyebrow and gives her a funny look. Laughter bursting out of him. That is equally nervous to Anne's. Only he seems to have more control over it, must be years of practice.

Still he doesn't quite know how to act around Anne. Knowing now that he is indeed in love with her. that fact seems like it should be ceremonial.

Gilbert Blythe finally realizes he is in love with Anne Shirley.

The image of Bash presenting him with a certificate in a tall, marble walled church. His best friend patting him on the back, tears streaming down his face a proud smile playing on his lips.

"Congratulations...oblivious."

Gilbert laughs out loud at the thought. Which at this point Anne has calmed slightly, letting out a shaky breath. Pressing the back of her hands to her cheeks in an attempt to lure the blush away and cool her freckled skin. She is calm enough to wonder why he is laughing at the coffee stand he is looking at to the right of them.

"What?"

Gilbert eye brows go up and he sucks his lips in, creating a perfect Shirley temple surprised look, he is only missing the iconic hands to cheeks.

(A/n I know Shirley temple definitely wasn't alive during when this takes place but still, just imagine a Gilbert Blythe Shirley temple expression, I mean your welcome)

Anne purses her lips to keep from laughing at his face. But simultaneously there is a small voice. Actually a very loud voice yelling at her in her mind saying.

Kiss him
Kiss him
Kiss him

She blushes at the thought and immediately looks away. There are some faces Gilbert pulls that have had a recent effect on Anne, an old yet new effect, that has been pounding her mind recently. Her mind drifts off as she gazes at the trees ahead of them in the distance, Gilbert voice brings her back to reality.