• Chapter 31 •

~ Cheyanne ~

"Hmmm." I hum scanning my closet for an outfit. I'm not sure if i'm ready for this little family get together thing. What if they don't like me or something? I mean i don't really care, it's just my dad? I'm going to meet him.. It's actually sinking in. I've been on my own for so long the reason being my mom is never around.

I choose to go with a red crop top, Black mini skirt and my matching black pumps. I curl my hair before grabbing my purse. It's 6, i'm an hour late but oh well. I grab the pumpkin pie from the fridge before leaving.

***

I park my car at the address, the house is nice not to big like mine but not to small. A couple of cars are parked in the drive way, sighing I know this is a big family thanksgiving.

I walk to the door staring at it like a retard. I'm Cheyanne, why am I so nervous?

"Hello there."

I jump looking at an old woman with a warm smile on her face. "Oh, um hi." I smile "Sorry."

"Nothing to be sorry about sweet heart, I haven't seen my son in years. I'm nervous also." She laughs and I do to.

"Yeah, Meeting him for the first time."

"So you're the long lost daughter?" She asks with a smile still on her face.

I look down and nod

"Come on honey, we can do this together."

I smile "Okay."

She rings the doorbell, a couple seconds later a man with dark brown hair opens the door.

"Mom." He exclaims hugging her.

"Oh my, you have grown so much." She says

He chuckles before looking toward me, a small smile on his face "You must be Cheyanne."

"Yep."

Without warning his arms embrace me in a hug "Wow, you're so big." He says "come in."

I follow him inside and there are more people. Knowing this was going to happen he introduces me to the family..

~ Selena ~

"Selena you are really pretty." My little cousin Amanda says

"Aw thanks." I smile "So are you." I poke her cheeks making her giggle.

"Want a cookie?" I ask her

"Yes!" She squeals happily.

"Selena," my dad says "Wait after dinner."

"But, she's too adorable to reject, come on dad look at her."

He looks at her puppy dog face smiling "Fine, whatever." He says in defeat before the doorbell rings.

"You should meet my brother Adam." Amanda smiles taking my hand and dragging me to the living room. "Adam!" She yells and a boy with long brown hair looks over. "Meet Selena."

He looks at me and smiles "Hi Selena."

"Hello Adam." He looks about my age, he has blue eyes and lots of bracelets.

"Okay! Lets go!" Amanda giggles dragging me up the stairs, this girl is bubbly it's adorable. "Do you have barbies?"

"Nope, i barely moved here remember?"

"Oh yeah. That's fine we can just talk then."

I sit on my bed smiling at her, she's so cute. It's not like you come across a little girl so smart and mature everyday.