one

sunflower still grows at night.

her fiery locks were flowing down her back, her blue eyes were wide as she stared at the scenery around her, her freckles more visible due to the sun they had gotten that summer. she sat down on a bench, it was around eight in the evening, it was still light outside and there wasn't anyone around. she had her earphones in, listening to a song she had listened to almost every day since the beginning of summer.

"you don't have to feel this emptiness, she said i'll love you till the day that i die." she sang along softly. she had chosen this song as her favourite to begin with purely because it was called sunflower, and sunflowers were her absolute favourite flower. but then she actually fell in love with the song, and now she can't stop listening to it. "tryna keep my mind at bay, sunflower still grows at night." she continued, smiling softly as she sang.

"nice voice." a male voice suddenly said, causing her to jump up off the bench. she swiftly turned her head in the direction the voice came from, pulling her earphones out of her ears.

"god. you shouldn't creep up on people, that's weird you know." she said to the boy, she didn't recognise him. he was tall, with brown curly hair and chocolate brown eyes she was certain you could get lost in. he had a boyish smile across his face as he looked at her.

"sorry, i was walking through and i heard you sing. i thought someone should tell you how beautiful your voice is." he apologised as he took a step towards the girl. she furrowed her brows, taking a step back. she didn't know this boy, why would she stand so close to him?

"yeah, well, it's still creepy." she said as she turned away and began to walk off.

"wait! i didn't catch your name." he said quickly, softly taking her wrist into his hand to stop her.

"that's because i didn't offer to give you it." she said, pulling her hand away and running off.

god, what a weirdo. who just randomly listens to someone sing and then creep up on them? and why would he expect her to give him her name?

she returned home that night still unsure of who the boy was. it was unusual to not know someone in their small town of avonlea. he must be new, unless he's been hiding for his whole life. she thought, before drifting off into a long slumber.

———

A/N: sooo...uhhh...i decided to write another shirbert fanfic. i will finish this one.....promise!
anyways, hope you enjoy!!
don't forget to comment & vote :)