ten

i love you baby, and if it's quite alright, i need you baby.

anne shirley lay on her bed on a beautiful saturday morning. autumn was one of her favourite seasons. with the leaves falling from the streets, the weather warm but slightly chilly, all the beautiful colours. she thought maybe today she could read a book, or do some writing. it was one of the first weekends she had not made plans with her friends, since all of them happened to be busy.

she got up from her bed, getting changed since marilla didn't like it when anne stayed in her pyjamas all day. anne didn't particularly like it either, she liked to be prepared for any sort of adventure that may come her way.

(anne's outfit)

(anne's outfit)

she wandered down the stairs, sitting down at the table beside her dear matthew, who was reading the paper.

"good morning, matthew." anne said with a delightful grin. her life was great at the moment. she adored her friends, she had a boyfriend who she also adored, and now she was finally friends with gilbert. gilbert. she thought about him for a moment. he was so sweet to her that day in the field. she didn't know what she did to deserve his kindness, because she was for sure not kind to him to begin with. gilbert was different to most boys she had met. he was cool, and he was confident, but he wasn't cocky. he was pretty funny too, and he always knew how to make her smile. even during the time where she would refuse to let him see her smile at something he said. she stopped herself after a moment, why was she thinking about gilbert so much? she shrugged it off, excusing it as the fact they had only just became friends a few days earlier.

gilbert blythe also lay in his bed that beautiful saturday morning. he didn't know what he was going to do that day. maybe do some studying? or help bash out with the farm? or go into town and look around the shops? he was unsure. he didn't even like shopping all that much, and bash always told him to focus on his studies instead of the farm, since he had recently hired anne's friend jerry to assist on their farm as well as the cuthberts.

so, the boy got up and got himself dressed. maybe he would bump into anne that day. anne. he thought about the girl for a moment. the girl with the beautiful red hair. how we wished he could tuck some of that beautiful red hair behind her ear as she stared at him with those ocean blue eyes. he wasn't sure why he was thinking about her in this way. it's not like he had a crush on her or anything.