XLIV | SU

Episode 44: Splitting Up!

"SO, WE'RE CLEARED?" Y/n inquired, tilting her head up at Makarov. The short man was up on the stage, congratulating the Kyuuseishu on being cleared of their charges. Akane didn't look up from her phone, lightly nodding. "It appears so. I guess we must've put up quite the show in Joya or whatever. Apparently, the King of Fiore is inviting us to a ball too."

Nikos looked over at her, quirking a brow as his snake coiled upon his shoulder, quietly hissing. "And how do you know all of this before he even announces it?" Chase seemed genuinely intrigued as well, blinking at her as he tilted his head. Akane shrugged lightly, jabbing a thumb backward. "Because I talk to Lisanna and help her clean the bar if I don't feel like going home."

They all just nodded, seeing that it was something Akane was likely to do anyway. Y/n raked her hair back with a hand, sighing as she looked around boredly. Chase chided, wanting to tease Y/n. "If it's a ball, don't we have to find a date?" Her cheeks instantly turned red and she buried her head in her arms. Ever since Sting mentioned a date, she'd been very anxious about it.

Due to her busy schedule as a newly announced mage and his ruckus of being a guild master, the two have been trying to scrape by with as much time together as possible. Chase spoke up all of a sudden, "If we're cleared, we'll have to choose guilds." Nikos lifted his head, blinking briefly and staring at Chase. "I'm going to stay in Fairy Tail."

Akane looked down at the table. "I've talked to Kagura; I'm going to Mermaid Heel." Chase scratched his cheek, mumbling quietly. "Lamia Scale for me," He said, looking back at the only person who hadn't spoken up about what guild they're going to join. Y/n knew that their eyes were trained on her this time, already having a hunch on her response. "Sabertooth." She mumbled.

They grinned widely. Chase tilted his head, swishing some of his white locks back. "For your boyfriend," He teased her, nudging her with his shoulder as she turned away from him with red cheeks. Nikos chuckled as well, chiming. "The Beast Queen with the guild of a beast. Ironic, isn't it?" Akane smiled slightly, "A bit,"

Y/n lifted her head up, looking towards Chase. "Remember when we first came here?" He blinked at her, glancing over at her as he raised an inquisitive brow in a questioning manner. "Yeah, what about it?" She sighed and sat up straight, resting her chin on the palm of her left hand as her elbow hit the wooden table. "Did you always know we were going to separate like this?"

He smiled, "I'd be lying if I said I didn't at least have some sort of hunch, y'know?" Akane shook her head with a small grin, punching his arm at his comment. "You're an asshole, you know that?" Chase falsely hissed, rubbing his 'hurt' arm with a small whine. "If I'd said it earlier, you all would've been angrier, so I just preferred not to." He muttered.

They all looked at one another, shrugging. Y/n glanced over at Akane, quirking a brow. "Any idea when the ball is?" She wordlessly pointed to the stage, referring to the Fairy Tail Master who was now rambling about the ball and how they should all behave themselves. "It's set in four days from now, so please take this time to work on your manners."

Chase snickered, "Wonder why he's saying that," He commented. Lucy skipped over to the table, taking a seat on the left of Y/n as she smiled sheepishly. "Last time we had a ball was after the Grand Magic Games and Natsu snuck into the King's wardrobe and stole his crown and robe, that's why." Nikos chuckled, shrugging. "I don't exactly blame him for that."

Akane rolled her eyes, tapping away on her phone before glancing at Nikos. "Yeah, but you better not be the one to embarrass us this time, especially since you plan on staying. You'd just stain the Fairy Tail name even more." Lucy's eyes widened in realization at that, her stance perking up. "Wait, you're staying?" Nikos nodded. "Yeah, I'm the only one."

Her eyes softened at that, her smile seeming a bit sadder. "Oh, where are the rest of you going?" Akane teleported before quickly returning, a lollipop in her right hand as she unwrapped it and stuck it in her mouth. "Mermaid Heel," Chase glanced over, chin still resting on the palm of his right hand. "Lamia Scale for me," Y/n looked down, cheeks tinting pink. "Sabertooth."

Lucy smiled at that, nudging her shoulder. "Oh, for Sting, right?" Y/n grew even more flustered, squeaking as she moved her hands rapidly. "I-I mean Yukino and Minerva are pretty cool too!" She mumbled, obviously looking for some other excuse. Lucy grinned at that, still laughing. Akane gave the blonde a pointed look. "Aren't you in Fairy Tail because of Natsu?"

The girl's cheeks pinked at that statement as she crossed her arms. Y/n took the opportunity, quirking a brow at Lucy in an amusing manner. "That's true, I was talking to Gray earlier and he told me something along the lines of that. So, you and Natsu, hm?" Lucy turned away, quickly leaving the table as she huffed. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Chase chuckled, shaking his head as he watched her walk away. "Oh, she definitely knows what we're talking about." The others hummed in agreement, sighing. Y/n let her head fall onto Chase's left shoulder, the girl pondering as she did so. "So, I guess we'll be going to our separate guilds tonight." Nikos muttered, "I guess so. We'll all have to go apartment shopping."

Chase shrugged, "Lyon already offered me to stay at his place to which I gladly accepted."

Akane spoke up again, "There's a small inn near the Mermaid Heel guildhall, so chances are I'll probably stay there."

Y/n looked down at her hands on her lap, "I'm not sure who I'll be staying with or if I'll get my own place. Crocus is really busy and filled with people."

Akane tilted her head, chewing on her lollipop. "You'll fit in just fine."