Chapter 37

"Sit down." I couldn't describe the feeling that I felt in that moment.

There was this one side that kept on bothering me, telling me that we are back to the old, rude Kevin. Although, the other side heard the strong softness in his voice and instantly convinced me otherwise.

"You know, people with some manners tend to use the word please." I teased him with a smile, trying to gain some time before he finds out.

"People with some manners tend to follow my orders." He teased back.

With a smile, with a fucking smile.

"I am waiting for the please." Just like I waited for the please on the first day we have met.

"I am waiting for you to sit down so I could start cleaning up your wounds." He didn't even sound angry. Few weeks ago, he would probably yell at me for being childish and stupid. Now, he looks like an angel, so calm and beautiful.

"Just say freaking please Kevin." As soon as that sentence left my mouth, Kevin took me in his arms and carried me to his fancy bathroom, letting me go once I sit next to the sink with him between my parted legs.

"I want to go to bed." And that was me again, trying to gain some time and get mentally ready for what was about to happen next.

"Let me clean up your wounds first Mariah."

"But I am tired Kevin." I sighed.

"I know you are babe, but let me just take care of you for now." I felt the butterflies growing inside my stomach and I blushed hard, feeling extremely embarrassed.

God, this man has a way with words.

Kevin began laughing for an unknown reason while taking out his first aid kit from the drawer above my head.

When he started cleaning up my wounds, I couldn't help but moving away from the wet material he was holding, and making some noises out of pure pain.

"Shhh...It's just water Mariah." He tried to relax me while looking deeply inside my eyes.

"It hurts." I admitted, trying to hold back the tears.

He kissed me on the lips softly and muttered a quiet 'I am sorry' before he kept on doing what he was doing seconds ago.

The pain got stronger once the water were no longer water, but I was trying to focus on Kevin's warm eyes to ease the pain. It did the work and he was done minutes later.

"Good job babe." He smiled at me.

"Can I go now?" Please say yes, please say yes.

"No. I need you to take your shirt off to see if that fucker caused any further damage to your body." He stated, with no space for arguing.

And there it was. The moment I wished would never happen. Was I mentally ready? No. Not at all.

"The shirt stays on."

"Take off your shirt Mariah, I will not touch you if that's what you are afraid of."

"No." I burned him with my eyes.

"Take off your shirt please." What did I say about him getting angry? Well, forget that. He was super angry by that point. I could feel it in his voice, his eyes, his stare.

"I will take it off myself." He warned me.

"You wouldn't dare." He breathed hard, gaining some control over his angry body.

"It's me or the doctor, your call." It felt like he was asking me who do I trust more.

"I don't need a freaking doctor, I am doing fine." I glared at him harshly.

"Doing fine my ass Mariah! Just choose already!" If I choose Kevin, he will not be able to look at me anymore. If I choose the doctor, he will tell Kevin and he will not be able to look at me anymore. It was a lose-lose situation.

"Why do you even need to think about it? Don't you trust me enough?" I knew it. But it was not about trust. It was about fear. A very deep fear. Fear of losing him.

I didn't know what to say.

"The doctor it is then." His disappointed eyes left mine before he began walking away from me.

Was it about trust? Was it? Because I knew, deep down, that I do trust him. I trust him more than I trust myself.

"Come here." I told him but he ignored.

"Hey, come here Kevin." I repeated.

"What?" He turned around, looking irritated with me.

"Just give me some time ok? Stand here and give me some time." I couldn't manage to look at his eyes. I could feel the fear building up inside me, but I had to ignore it. I had to show Kevin. He deserved to know. I slowly began to take off my shirt, finally showing him what I was trying to hide. He took his time, watching carefully every single inch of my stomach. His painful eyes suddenly moved from my stomach straight to my blue eyes.

"You lost weight." He stated the obvious, his eyes not leaving mine.

"I did." Before I knew it, Kevin wrapped his huge arms around me, holding me so close to him that I thought I might break. But I felt so protected, so completed that it was almost impossible to break in his embrace. I was so happy that he didn't get mad, disappointed. I knew how much he cared about my weight, and the last thing I wanted was from him to run away from me at this stage.

Kevin had his problems(many of them).

I had my own problems.

Feeling miserable and broken doesn't always mean that you can't feel a thing but sadness and loneliness. The opposite is true actually. Once you are wounded, you find yourself alone on an endless journey looking for somebody. Somebody who cares. Somebody who can heal your soul and mend your heart.

And I think I found my somebody.

"I wish I could do something about it, but it's more serious than I thought Mariah." As soon as the words left his mouth, the tears began to fall. I didn't want to admit it to myself, but it was time to face the ugly truth.

I really had eating... issues.

Wow Mariah.

"We will talk to the doctor about it later, ok?" He whispered while moving away from my weak figure and looking deeply inside my eyes.

"Ok." I whispered back.

"I am not giving up on you Mariah." I smiled. My heart smiled.

"I am not giving up on your either Jones." He smiled. I hope his heart too.

"I missed you." I told him truthfully.

"I missed you too." He kissed me softly with so much emotion and hunger.

So after all, we are not back to the old, rude Kevin. And I had a strong feeling and want, that we will never be.