Chapter 21- Ass

Read author's notes please :) 

Chapter 21

“Explain exactly why you won’t allow me to be friends with him.” It angers me how they’re all acting like children. Don’t I have the right to pick who my friends are and not them?! Just because I was betrayed once doesn’t mean that every boy out there are the same. And I have a feeling that Gavin won’t turn out like a Dylan. Usually my guts aren’t always right but what’s life without risks? Very horrid risks….

And if he ever is like Dylan then it’s not like I’m going to like him that way. I don’t think he’s my type anyway. I just want someone to talk and have fun with. Is that too much to ask?

Whilst touring, all I see are adults everywhere except for the wee fans that come to support their idols. I haven’t had a normal conversation with a person my age and it’s frustrating. Gavin is the first person in my age that has actually come up to me because he wants to talk to me and not because I am adopted by One Direction.

“Remember when you came crying home, Emerald?! I don’t want that happening again!” Niall points it out as if I’ve completely forgotten about that particular heart breaking moment. “It’s not going to end up like that because I don’t like him that way! I just want a friend to talk to!” Anger lashes out in my voice.

“Why are you so sure that you won’t like him that way?! You basically fall in love with every boy who’s nice to you!”

“Duuuude….”

“Forget it. I’m going outside. Or am I also forbidden to walk and experience the vacation we all came here for?” With that said, I marched straight outside, making sure that I slam the door hard for extra effect.

Louis’ POV

“You just had to say that, eh?” I sigh, plopping myself down on the provided sofa.

“Is this what I think it is?” Harry mumbles. “What?”

“Is she going through the rebellious stage?” Harry questions. ”It’s such a great thing that we’re not teenagers anymore.” I chuckle deeply.

Emerald’s POV

“Thanks for walking with me.” I mutter, kicking the lifeless sand with my feet. It wasn’t very lifeless; it was just that my mood is lifeless. It is a beautiful beach with the perfect sunset, one of the prettiest I’ve seen so far.

“Stop abusing the sand. What did they ever do?” Gavin jokes. I smile at his attempt to cheer me up but it was only a half-smile.

“It’s because it’s the only thing I can kick. Unless you prefer me kicking that huge stone over there.” I point out the huge stone that sat just at where the water would come to shore. “Good eye. Let’s rest there for a while, my feet are killing me.” He says as he starts walking towards the rock.

We basically just sat there doing nothing and not even speaking for a whole five minutes just admiring the view.

“You should talk to them. They must be worried sick.” He mutters. I look at him blankly.

“It’s just that I never have anyone to talk to anymore since the tour started. I just want a friend.” I laugh thinking of how sad that was. “I meant like I do have friends but like I can’t talk to them face to face. You know what I mean?”

“Yeah I know what you mean. I travel a lot because of my dad’s job.” He breathes in deeply looking at the sky.

“We look like old people just sitting here.” He suddenly says. I was surprise by his outburst and it caused me to almost fall of the rock. “So what do you want to do then?” I ask, steadying myself on the rock.

“Let’s swim?”

“In our clothes?”

“Yeah, why not?”

“I can’t swim.”

“We’ll be at the shallow end. I can teach you if you want.” He grins, standing up and taking my hand as a gesture for me to accept his proposal.

“If I drown, you’re paying for my funeral. I want sunflowers in my funeral.” I say as I take his hand.

“Deal.”

--

“Care to tell us where you’ve been? You’ve been gone for almost five hours and why are you drenched?!” Louis scowls at my shivering silhouette.

“I-I wa-as swimmi-ing.” I chatter. Harry tosses me a towel and I quickly put it around me. My body began to feel much warmer and better but it was still a bit cold to my exposed legs.

“You can’t swim.” Zayn points out. “Gavin was teaching me. I almost got it.” I say proudly but it wasn’t the time to boast because of the terrible looks they were giving me. “Do you realise how worried we were?! We were ready to call for a search party!” Liam exclaims.

I do realise my mistake but after one of the best nights I had at this tour, I wasn’t ready to give up my only friend I’ve made during me jumping from one country to the next.

“But I’m here now aren’t I?! I’m safe and you guys should just leave me be! I don’t want my ass being looked out for 24/7!”

“LANGUAGE YOUNG LADY!”

“WELL THEN STOP CONTROLLING ME! THIS IS MY VACATION AS WELL SO JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!”

“STOP BEING A BRAT.”

“STOP BEING AN ASS.”

“STOP SCREAMING AND CURSING. ASS IS NOT A GOOD WORD.”

“YOU THINK I DON’T KNOW THAT? I’M ALREADY 14 AND I AM NOT OBLIVIOUS TO THE WORLD AROUND ME. SO THAT MEANS A PERSON WOULD EVENTUALLY CATCH MY EYE AND I WILL BEFRIEND THEM WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT. IT’S NOT LIKE HE IS A DRUG DEALER OR SOMETHING.”

“YOU DON’T KNOW THAT! YOU ONLY MET HIM.”

“HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THOSE DETAILS THEN IF I DON’T HAVE A CHANCE TO GET TO KNOW HIM?! AND BY THE WAY, HE’S A TOP STUDENT AND HE KNOWS HOW TO PLAY THE PIANO.”

“AND WE WOULD CARE BECAUSE?!”

“YOU JUST SAID THAT I DIDN’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HIM SO NOW I’M TELLING YOU THAT I DID GET TO KNOW HIM A BIT.”

“OKAY JUST STOP BEING A LITTLE SMART ASS. YOU’RE GROUNDED FOR THE REST OF THIS VACATION.”

“Fine.” I spat out, dropping the towel on the floor. “If you don’t want me swearing then stop saying the word ‘ass’ yourself.” I make my way to my room hastily. Avoiding their shouts.

“GET BACK HERE. WE’RE NOT FINISHED WITH THIS CONVERSATION.”

“WELL I AM.” I shout back, slamming my door.

Author's Note

TBH I LOVE EMERALD WHEN SHE'S SASSY AND ALL. IT'S SO FUNNY.

Okay so anyway, guys I finally updated! excuse my writing please. I haven't written in ages and I need practice again. Excuse the shortnest of this chapter as well. 

So as I mentioned at the previous message (Like the chapter before this but it wasn't really a chapter it was for wattys 2014), I am competing. Can you guys share Adoption on twitter or facebook? Share it as much as you can while TAGGING #Wattys2014 PLLEEEAASEE TAG IT. OTHERWISE IT WOULDN'T WORK.

Okay so I have no idea when the next chapter is going to be posted but lets hope its soon (Still busy with studies)

Okay guys!

Stay pretty my daydreamers! Unless you're a dude! Then stay handsome!

Vote

Comment

:)

Love you xxxx