Chapter 17- Feelings

Emerald's POV

"So you're just going to leave us? Leave me?"

Research say that a sad or a mad person's actions are bias because they are blinded by whatever emotion they're feeling. At some point, they are true. But not entirely. I'm grief-stricken and furious. I want to yell but I don't.

Instead, I stare at her.

"Emerald-"

"Just go."

Her outstretched arm is pulled back slowly to her heaving chest. Hurt is prominently shown on her face.

"You already told me your explanation and...it's okay. Go." Her explanation was reasonable. What more can I ask for?

For her to stay...

For everything to be okay...

She still stares at me skeptically, unconvinced with my reply. I try to give her a bright enough smile but all I could show is a dim one.

"Hurry before your f-flight leaves y-you." No one says anything else so I rush and leave the room and to another.

My footsteps and breathing were heavy and as I close the door, I try to lock it in place but there wasn't any. I scream in frustration before slamming my fist on the door.

I know they heard my cries and the thud caused by my punch and I know well that my fist is throbbing as well but it seems like my brain didn't care. It's in another world right now.

I slide down to the floor and wince in pain as I held my ribs. It turns out that it was only bruised badly and could be healed on it's own as long as I don't do anything drastic.

"Please take care of her. Give this to her tomorrow, okay?" Maya says from the other side of the door. I wipe a tear from the apple of my left cheek before pressing my face against the door.

"What's in it?" "Her present. Make sure she's going to have a great time on her day. Okay?"

I gasp, covering my hands over my face as I cried even more. I stand up, ignoring the pain from my lower ribs, I start to run over to a bunk and bury myself under the covers.

I've never forgotten my birthday. Even when no one gave me anything or reminded me that it's my birthday, I always know it's my birthday.

If it wasn't for Maya, I would've thought that when I wake up tomorrow, it's just going to be another day that I have to live by.

I feel bad even more that now that she's leaving, the last memory of me is when I ran away, crying. I didn't even hug her or kiss her cheek. I just...ran.

I fist the covers around me more tightly when I heard the door open quietly.

"Ems?"

"Just l-leave me alone, Louis" I sniffle. I could hear his light footsteps approach me. "I can't. You're crying and you're probably spreading your snot on my sheets."

I snort out loud, not expecting him to say that. He chuckles before telling me to shift over. I did as I told and he laid beside me but I can't see him. I'm still covered with his sheets, leaving him with nothing.

"Do you mind sharing my sheets?" He asks playfully. "Yes, I do mind." I joke but leisurely lift up the covers. I could now see him smiling at me but exaggeratedly frowns when he sees my tear stained face.

He pulls me to his chest, giving me a side ways bear hug. We just lay in his tight spaces bunk. The hug somehow represents my relationship with them. We're trying to keep this family from falling apart and as he squeezes me tighter, he silently reassures me that everything is going to be okay. The pain that I am feeling now is not going to last forever. Wounds heal, some turn to scars and those scars are battle scars. Meaning that they are there to remind you how brave you are. How you defeated the problem and you're still here, living. But as the hug loosens, I come back to feeling the cold. Not all wounds heal. Some turns worst and you are left, slowly waiting for death to come.