Chapter Twenty-Five

Dedication to @twogirlswithtwonames for being my 400 vote.

My mom didn't go to work today. So when I woke up I saw her sitting down in the dinner table drinking from a mug which I was guessing was a coffee. She didn't say anything when I passed by to get myself some cereal. My head didn't hurt anymore or my body didn't felt numb so I knew I was ready to go practice with Cameron. I had to meet him in the alley in an hour, I knew the alley was going to be pack sense it was the day before the race, so many people were going to practice as well. They although do not make me nervous, knowing although that The Ranger was going to be there, at practice and at the race and knowing he's watching over me and I know if I do a good job today The Ranger was going to see me as a threat and he does not like threats.

So he gets rid of them.

"I don't support it," I heard a voice behind me, I didn't turn around but I felt her eyes scanning me. "And were do you think you're going?" she added.

"Out," I answered as I was pouring the milk.

"You were just release out of the hospital last night, you're supposed to be resting," she bitter. "Amanda, I'm just looking out for you I don't want anything to happen to my only family left. "

I froze in silent and I knew I was being a bitch to her for not letting me do what I loved, but I knew she just didn't like motorcycles and after my dad she hated them. She saw them as a death machine, so I knew she hated seeing her only daughter getting into one and riding one.

"I'm sorry," I said quietly. "For doing something you hate, making you nervous, but I love it and I'm going to keep on doing it," I said walking out of the kitchen and out of the house and started walking to my bike when I got a phone call.

"Hello?" I answered getting on my bike.

"Come over," John said.

"I'm about to go practice at the alley."

"It'll be quick, I just need to show you something," and with that he hung up and I was left staring at my phone.

I sign as I got into my bike and went straight to John's house. I opened the door and smelled something delicious and walked into the kitchen where I saw John smiling like a creep. "What's going on?" I asked smiling back at him. He didn't say anything just opened the box I just noticed that was next to him. I slowly walked closer to him and looked inside the box and gasp at what I saw. "John, did you make this?" I asked him.

He smiled and nodded like a 4 year old who learn how to color inside the lines. Inside the box was a motorcycle cake, it had such detail it looked like it was made by a professional. I knew John made it because he loves cooking and baking.

"It's for tomorrow, when you win the race," he smiled at me and I gave him a tight hug.

"Thank you," I said still not pulling back. "For everything, being my friend, supporting me," I pulled back and he just smiled at me.

"No problem," he chuckled. "Cameron is waiting, you should go."

"Can I not take a piece?" I asked reaching out for the cake, John although slap my hand. "But I'm hungry, I didn't eat any breakfast."

"Tell Cameron to buy you something," he kicked me out after he said that and I just laugh and got in my bike and went to the alley.

I found Cameron in the bar not drinking anything just talking to Xavier. I walked up to them and said hi to Xavier who I haven't seen in a while and asked Cameron if he was ready.

As we said bye to Xavier and was just about to walk away I heard my name and saw Xavier smiling at me. "I believe in you, but be careful." I nodded and left to catch up with Cameron.

"Three rounds around try to make it less then 10 minutes," he didn't say anything and just went to the edge and got his phone out. I sign and got on my bike and went to the starting line. I looked at Cameron, there was a small crowed around him string at me, but two caught my eye. First Aaron was standing there smiling at me, second it was none other than The Range. I looked at Cameron who had three fingers up.

1

2

3

When all his fingers went down I felt like I flew.

***

I've been practicing for two hours, the crowed got bigger and cheered for me. Every time I was going to start again I looked to see that Aaron and The Ranger were still there.

Cameron told me to take a break and I was grateful for that sense I was really hungry. I asked him to come and eat with me and Aaron, he was about to say no and then said yes. I smiled at him and told him I'll meet him at Ronny's and he just nodded. I walked up to Aaron and invited him as well and he also said yes, he was telling me I was doing amazing. I was telling him thank you when I was interrupted by a slow clap.

"Good job, Amanda," I turned around to see The Ranger smirking at me. "Who knew I was going to have competition this year," I didn't say anything. He walked closer to me and Aaron wrap his arm around me and pull me closer to him. "Don't worry pretty boy, I just telling your girlfriend over here to break a leg tomorrow," he then wink at him and walked away. Yet my heart could not stop pounding.

***

"Was it a threat?" Cameron asked me and Aaron. I shrugged.

"It sounded like one, I still think you should back down and not do the race anymore." Aaron added in.

"I already told you guys I'm doing this race," they both sign and looked at each other knowing that nothing was going to change my mind.

We finished eating then got back to the alley so I could practice more. I noticed a crowed and walked over to see what was going on and all I saw was The Ranger in the starting line with an unknown guy next to him, pretty sure he was about to start practice. He looked up to see me and wink again before he put on his helmet and started his bike. I looked back to see Cameron and Aaron also looking at me looking even more nervous.

---------------

Showty's Note: I did it! I updated when I said I would. I'm proud of myself. I decided that a John's point of view next chapter would be perfect. So hopefully that will be up on Thursday? One more chapter until the race and no words can describe how excited I am about the race.

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter and maybe the ranger also makes you nervous who knows what will happen. Wait I do.

Thank you all for making it over 400 votes we're almost at half a thousand and I never would have guess this story will ever get that much votes, reads, comments and I have the most amazing readers ever.

Bye...