Chapter Thirty-Seven

"No."

"What why?" I asked frowning down the outfit I picked out for Prom. 

It was Saturday, exactly one week before prom and John just decided today was the perfect day to go pick out my dress. I drag him to Macy's sense I found it cheaper than the stores I knew he was going to drag me to, an although I'll admit I wanted to look nice during prom I knew I didn't want to kill my wallet. I picked out a white dress that apparently John hated. 

"Because I say so," I rolled my eyes and went back to the changing room and change back to my normal clothes. 

I came out and I saw John looking through the clothes again and by the expression he had in his face I could tell he didn't like anything. "Fine, we can go to your stores," I said and he turned around and was ready to start jumping and grab my hand and pulled me out the store and we got inside his car and he started driving without saying a word, I knew already he was naming stores in his head and probably couldn't decide, or he did that in Macy's and he decided what's the best store to go in right now. 

"You got to be kidding me," I said once he park in a store and I looked up. I gasp in shock and I saw John smirking. I was looking Giorgio Armani store, it was huge and I knew this is gonna make me poor. John got out and I was still inside the car in shock. 

"Well, come on," I heard John and saw him rushing me. I looked down at my purse.

"I'm sorry in advance," I whispered as I got out the car and heard John lock it. We walked inside the store, rows of dresses for women, suits for men, and accessories. I walked up to look at how much a necklace cost as I gasp and saw it was 80 dollars. If a simple necklace cost this imagine the dress John will want me to buy. 

I followed John to the rows of dresses, he was looking through them like he did in Macy's only this time instead of a disgusted face he had a smile. He started picking out clothes and handed it to me. 

"Okay, go try those on and if none of them looks nice and you can try more," more like if he didn't like any of them.  I rolled my eyes and walked to a dressing room and close the door, I hang the dresses and grab one and put it on and walked outside for John to see. And once again we started with the no's.

***

"This has to be the 50 time I'm in here," I whispered my myself as I closed the door again. I hang the dresses and saw the one I was going to try on. It was beautiful. It was a plain long dress with a black belt around the waist. It felt smooth and I quickly put it on. I opened the door and walked out but I didn't see John waiting in the chairs, he probably thought he would not like these dresses either and went to look for new ones. I looked around and saw him in the men section looking at the suits. "John," I called out. He turned around and gasp and started walking towards me. 

"Wow," he said once he reach me. 

"Well?" I asked not hearing a no. 

"You look um... you look amazing," he said. "This is the dress, Aaron won't be able to take his eyes of you."

I smiled and nodded as I headed back to the dressing room and put on my clothes again. I grab all the dresses and hang the one I didn't want back as I hold the red dress. "I saw you looking at the suits, are you planning to buy one?" I asked him. He looked back and said no, I knew something was holding him back but I didn't push it as we walked to the registers. 

"I hope you found everything ok," the man said, he looked around 19, very attractive as well, and he smiled at us. He scan the dress and I gasp when I saw it was almost 200 dollars. Oh I'm so going to kill John. I paid for it and as he folded the dress and put it on the box he was stealing glances at John. 

"Here you go," the man said as he handed me the bag. "And here you go," he gave John a piece of paper. John looked surprised but smiled and took it. 

We both said thank you and walked out the store back to John's car. 

"He was attractive, are you planning to call him?" I asked him. He shrug and put it in his wallet and he started the car. 

"Now shoes," he smiled. I groan.

"I have black heels at home, plus it's not like anyone will be able to see them, the dress is so long," this time it was John's turn to groan but he agreed anyways and he drove to my house. 

We both got off and walked inside, John threw himself at the couch and turned on the TV. I was knew something was bothering him all day. "John is something wrong?" I asked. He turned around to look at me and said no but I knew he was lying. I sat on the couch with him. "You can tell me, what's wrong?" I asked again.

"I want to go to prom," he finally gave in. His answered confused me and I told him to go, that we would have so much fun. "I want to go with someone, as my date."

"Someone specific?" I asked. 

"Yeah," he nodded.

"Then ask him," I told him. 

"He's not..."

I nodded understanding. "You shouldn't spend a second on someone who wouldn't return the same feelings for you," I said. "I know it's hard but, you deserve someone who will spend every second wanting to be with you," I continued. "How about you give that cashier guy a chance, call him," I said. He looked at the TV looking as if he was thinking if it was a good idea or not. 

He finally nodded, "I'll text him tomorrow," he said and I smiled and hug him. 

"Plus he can give you a discount on a suit."

------------------------------------------------------

Showty's Note: I can't find a way to make these words bold. Anyways so sorry for the delay and short chapter. I had such a writers block and I kept on stalling. Yesterday was my birthday and my mom got me a laptop and I decided to sit and write. So here is a new chapter. Plus I love how today they made gay marriage legal all over the states (or I should say marriage now) and this chapter it had a John moment.

So who do you think the guy that John wants to take to prom to? How do you think things will go with cashier guy? I like them. 

Next chapter school and then prom. Things are reaching to an end as well I am so happy I gain so much readers, votes, and comments along the way sense I started. You guys are the reason I continue writing.

Bye...

P.S I know nothing about designers stores or dresses so sorry if I didn't do good on that.