The old chateau

We have all played Pokémon at least once in our lives, or at the very least heard of it. We all hear how nice the world of Pokémon is, how fun it is.

How untrue this is, as there is a terrible truth that resides within a rickety old house deep in Eterna forest of the Sinnoh region.

The truth of one of the most gruesome incidents in Pokémon history.

Cindy Arseneau was a young girl who lived in the mansion owned by her father, Leonidas Arseneau and their graying butler, Chives. Cindy was a sweet young girl who loved her father very much, but was often very lonely due to her father being busy constantly.

All she truly wanted was a friend. And one day she was granted her wish when a peculiar Pokémon appeared in front of her as she was watching TV in an upstairs bedroom, the name of which she later discovered was Rotom.

Delighted, she played with her new friend daily, discovering Rotom's shapeshifting abilities. Together they would prank Chives; Cindy would have the Pokémon transform into household appliances and shock the butler when he attempted to use them. The butler would laugh warmly as Cindy came running out of hiding shouting, "I got you! I got you!"

It was on the day of Leonidas's wedding anniversary that the incident occurred.

Leonidas's wife, Victoria, had died during childbirth, and he held a grudge against his daughter even though it was not her fault. She could always feel his cold stares at her turned back, but she loved him to pieces regardless.

This particular day, Leonidas longed for his wife to be at his side. He sat at his long dinner table downing enough wine to quench the thirst of a room full of governors.

"Another glass for you, Victoria!" he would bellow, and belch.

Chives was upstairs, tucking a blanket over the shoulder of a sleeping Cindy when he heard the drunken shout of his master from downstairs.

"Chives! Come downstairs at once!"

Recognizing the drunken wobble of Leonidas' voice, Chives switched the light off in Cindy's room and hurried downstairs.

Within the dining room, the butler found the master of the house reduced to a drunken mass of limbs sprawled across the wine stained dining room table. Chives smiled gently before speaking.

"Yes, Mr. Arseneau?"

The man slowly lifted his head, his forehead wrinkled and his cheeks red and sweaty.

"I'm hungry. Make me a steak."

"Yes sir, how would you like your steak cooked?"

Leonidas groaned, reaching for a glass, knocking it over and frowning at the clatter of it hitting the table and spilling its contents over his already soiled pants.

He glared up at the butler with glazed eyes.

"Geddout."

Chives knew that Leonidas had an unpredictable temper even when he was sober, and did not want to take any chances.

"Of course sir. I will be back momentarily with your food."

When Chives returned to the dining hall, Leonidas was in an even further drunken state. He carefully set down the plate of meat in front of the man.

"I hope you enjoy it, sir."

Leonidas slowly placed a piece of meat in his mouth in his mouth and chewed before spitting it in the poor butlers face.

With a shout, he grabbed the plate with the remaining steak and threw it against the wall behind him.

The noise of shattering porcelain traveled upstairs and awoke Cindy.