Sinnoh Region nightmare

My name is Emily and this is a story of my life. Since this actual story took place more than five years ago, I decline to go into details other than the gruesome ones I have burned into my mind.

It was a bright and sunny morning, I had just woken up and went downstairs. I saw my Chimchar and he ran up to me scared. Some people had come into my home and were discussing something.

I walked over to them. "Uh, Hey?" I said rudely. They looked at me and everyone turned my way. "Weird much?" I thought. "Hello Emily!" A man said cheerfully.

A woman added, "We're adopting you!" I stood still and slowly chewed my gum from last night.

"What do you mean? I live with my older sister.." I said suspiciously. They were quiet for awhile, but finally said at once, "Your sister is missing. Everyone has been looking for her, but she hasn't been found." I was getting upset with these people and their lies.

"How can they come into my home and say my sister is missing all of a sudden?" I thought. They gave me a sad look and the woman said, "Don't worry, we are a good couple and know how to take care of a kid. I'm sure you'll feel at home with us, but the monkey's gotta go!"

Looking at Chimchar, I said, "Monkey? You mean Chimchar? He's not a monkey, he's my partner for life!" They were shocked at my sudden shout, but shook their head. "I'm sorry Emily..We can't let any of those "Things" live in our home."

I walked over to Chimchar and chuckled, "If you can't let my buddy live with you, I will never have any intention of staying with you!" I snapped. All of the other people left the house except for the couple, who said they would adopt me.

"It's time to go Emily..We already packed up your things.." The man said sighing. "Can Chimchar come?" I said waiting for an answer.

"No." The woman informed. My head was steaming with anger. The couple pushed me toward the door and I looked back at Chimchar, he nodded and knew what to do. Chimchar directed a Flamethrower at them and they screamed in pain. "Now, Run!" I ordered as we started to run out of town.

Me and Chimchar were laughing our guts out. "Did you hear them scream after just a little flame?" I asked Chimchar amused. He nodded and snickered. I looked up at the sky and put my hands behind my head. "So, Amanda's gone missing?" I said to myself. Chimchar looked sad and tugged on my shirt, I looked down at him and said, "Tis ok, I'm sure she just went off with her boyfriend or got lost along the way home.." Chimchar looked relieved and started grinning as we walked down the route. I had told Chimchar a lie..I was feeling uneasy about it and was scared myself..

After walking for an hour we made it to Sandgem Town. As I looked around I saw Dawn and Barry coming our way. "Heard your sister is missing, what a horrible sister!" Barry said mockingly. I sighed and punched him in the stomach, he fell to his knees and gave me a thumbs up.

"When is he going to learn?" Dawn said facepalming. I smirked and said, "Hopefully never, It's fun causing physical damage to him!" Dawn facepalmed again and said, "You too!" Something was bothering me and I pulled my hoody on. "Have you heard? Some clowns are wanting to adopt me apparently.."

I said changing the topic. "In the process, they don't want Chimchar living with them, I can't get rid of my partner, are they insane?" Barry stood up after recovery and sighed. "Well, If your sister is missing you have to live with someone, a kid isn't allowed to live without some type of guardian."

Knowing he was right, I thought for a minute, but came up with nothing. Dawn put her hand on my shoulder and tried to cheer me up.

"I forgot to tell you, Barry and I were coming to your house to invite you on a adventure." Chimchar lit up and literally started jumping up and down. Dawn handed me a card and winked. That was the beginning of an adventure I truly regret.