A day in the pokemon world full of horror

Chapter 1: Introduction

I only had a Gameboy my whole life, no GB color nor SP, no DS no newer version whatsoever, only what we called the grey brick, the original Gameboy. Everybody in my neighbourhood had a DS already, but I never even had a Gameboy Color, but I was happy.

One day I got my own PC and I wanted to at least see what the new generation of Pokémon brought, so I emulated the Gameboy Advance and DS as I finally had the chance to play my own game (not really legal though) instead of borrowing my friend's. I was having a fun time, but liking each new generation less and less I eventually decided to get back to my old game.

There it was, my old save file, still fully the same, no creepy Pokémon that died, or characters that tried to kill me, it was all fine.

But from my time online I learned of the glitch Pokémon, MissingNo... It was a cold and lonely night, as I was playing with my old Gameboy, using the old man glitch, I caught MissingNo and it was all fun, my mother called me to go to sleep, so I did.

When I woke up I wasn't in my own bed anymore, I was wearing a red cap, had a bag full of stuff, and the room seemed kind of bold, I wondered where I was. I heard an unknown voice call me down, saying it was time to leave, it all sounded so familiar, as if I had been through this before.

Downstairs there was a person calling herself my mother, saying a professor was looking for me, then I remembered, it was like in Pokémon, it was like a dream come true, I was inside my game, or was the real world changing into a version of the game, I didn't know.

Checking my bag I found an old Gameboy, no game was inserted into it, but it was showing some menu like thing, it said trainer card and journal.

I was curious what it would do, so I pressed journal, the Gameboy clicked open and it showed a keyboard, where I could type my adventures in. It was all so special, it was all fun, seeing my dream becoming true, and there where so many things I wanted to do. My mother reminded me to see the professor, as I was getting late.

I said thanks, gave her a kiss as she thought I was her real son and left sprinting going to the tall grass where I will meet Professor Oak, and indeed, he stopped me, a mysterious force kept me back from the grass as the Prof came closer to me saying it was dangerous, but when I looked at him, he looked scared, like I was going to face my death.

Chapter 2: Not a Dream After All?

He took me to his lab, running like his life was in danger, and I could do nothing but run after him.

Once in his lab, one of his assistants closed the door behind us, barricading the door, almost as scared as Oak was. One of them left out a sigh of relief as the door was closed, the Prof talked to me. "You were in grave danger," said professor Oak.

"I know," I said, "I needed to go out there so you would stop me from entering the grass and appear, like in the game".

The Professor looked at me confused, and said, "Red, do you really think this is a game? If you were attacked by those beings, you could have died or been seriously injured."

I started to think, why did he call me Red? I wasn't Red, I was a real person, but of course the Professor will think I am the game character, and as I was in the game, I decided to play along.

"Sorry, Professor," I said, "I didn't mean to get you worried, but I was looking for you".

The Prof sighed and said, "Well at least you are alive, just never do that again". He turned around to grab something, and said, "Red, I got something for you, I know you are using the old version of the Com-Boy , I got this expansion card for it".