Starved

It was finally done. The little Zweilous plush I had spent weeks to make was finally finished. It was lifezise, the tops of the two heads standing at 4'08". I loved it, and in honor of it, I decided to go get a Deino on my Black version and name it in honor of the plush. I turned on my DSi and skipped through all of the opening screens until I got to the 3D Reshiram. I watched the camera pan around the white Pokemon in circles, then resumed to press start and begin my game. I was at Skyarrow Bridge, and I remembered that I had was trying to hatch an egg.

I used my Kyurem, Cruornivi, and made him use Fly. The Unova map faded in from black, and I moved the red cursor on the screen up until it hovered over Victory Road. I clicked it, and the Fly animation came up, the screen faded, and faded back in. My trainer sprite was standing at the foot of the rocky mountain, the gates behind me and the dark entrance to the cave in front. After a few minutes of fighting and easily defeating Durants with Noodle, my level eighty-five Mienshao, I finally found a pair of Deinos. I named the female Lithium. She was hasty and seemed to have good perseverance. She was also caught with ease, she didn't put up a fight at all. I seemed to have a mineral/metal theme going with Deinos, so I named the male Onyx. He had timid nature, but seemed to contradict it since he was stubborn about being caught. The two of them were both level thirty-eight, so I decided Onyx would make a good mate for Lithium.

I left Victory Road and flew to Nuvema Town with Cruornivi. I entered my house, but my in-game mother was no where to be seen. I didn't care, she was always useless anyway. I went upstairs to my character's room, and a dialogue box popped up. It said "Leave a Pokemon here? Yes/No" I wasn't sure what this was, and I gave a puzzled look to my DSi. Just in case it was a bug, I clicked yes and another dialogue box showed up in its place, "Please select a Pokemon."

My Pokemon party showed up. My Pokemon were Noodle, Cruornivi, Egg, Lithium, Onyx, and Sin. Sin was a wimpy little Yamask that I was going to start training. He was worthless at his low level, so I clicked on him. An overworld sprite of a Yamask appeared in front of me now, like in HeartGold and SoulSiver. My trainer sprite faced him, and I clicked A. "Yaaoowahh~" showed up in a dialouge box as I heard Yamask's cry. Seemed legit, it was all normal behavior for the game, minus the part that I let a Pokemon outside of its Pokéball in my room. I smiled, then left my room, stopped halfway down the stairs leading to the main room, then went back upstairs to my room. The dialogue box asking to leave a Pokémon showed up again. I left Onyx, then repeated the process and left Lithium. I then left my house to go train more Pokemon.

Later, I came back to my house in Nuvema Town to check on the three. I went to the stairs and as soon as my character stepped onto them, I heard the fainting cry of Yamask, "Yaooowahhhh..."

Startled, I made my way up the virtual stairs. As my room appeared, I was shocked to see only Onyx and Lithium's Deino overworld sprites, no Yamask. Sin was gone.

I went over to Onyx, who's sprite was in the very corner of my room. I clicked A, and a dialogue box with "..." in it appeared. I clicked A again, "Onyx seems frozen with fear." The box disappeared, and I went over to Lithium's sprite, which was casually moving around the room. A. "Graoo~"

I blinked.

"What's that on Lithium's mouth? Take a closer look? Yes/No" Why was my Pokemon Black Version acting like this? I clicked Yes, and the screen faded. The next screen was a pixel picture of a Deino, like in Pokemon Ranger when you try to capture an important Pokemon and their profile crosses the screen. But there was one thing.

Lithium's mouth was covered in red-black blood. In real life, I faltered. What the hell? Literally! I pressed A and the regular game screen returned, I was still standing in front of Lithium and nothing had changed. I didn't want to believe it, but maybe Lithium had... eaten Sin? I didn't want anything else to happen, so I clicked on Lithium again and it asked me if I wanted to put her back in my party. I put her and Onyx back in my party then left. After a while, I ended up in the grass near Black City, and the pair was finally evolving. With two Zweilous in my party, I decided to go and breed them. I flew to the daycare and dropped the two off. I didn't bother talking to the Day-Care man since Lithium and Onyx were the same level and same species, they were bound to have eggs. I then went to go train again.