Stained Silver

It was a lovely morning, and I was expecting a package from my father. You see, I happen to ask my father for some clothes, and maybe a little something or two. I mean, my father always sends me stuff that I may need or want. Despite the fact that he rarely talks to me, it gets exciting to hear from him. I live in a different state from him, so it's hard to keep in touch. Especially since we're both busy most of the time.

Well, I finally got the package! I grew ecstatic at the sight of the cardboard box. I opened it up excitement when I opened it, the first thing I saw laying on top was a red Gameboy SP. On top of that was a Gameboy color game.

The sticker was colored over with permanent red marker, but I could name a few that had that metallic grey on there. I mean, it practically sparkles. I could pretty much guess what game it is. The idea makes me smile. I use to have a game like then when I was younger. However, it got stolen.

I knew it was Silver version.

I grew very excited, and I couldn't wait to put it in, and play it. I hope I still have my old DS charger. I'm happy to get this game back. I mean, I got Soulsilver to make up what I lost and wanted ( Lost Silver version; Wanted Crystal version ), but it isn't the same. So, this happens to cheer me up so very much. I loved it. I decided to play it after I finish looking at the box.

X-X-X-X

Once everything was settled, I decided to play the game before bed. It seemed like an exciting game to play, and I was excited to have Silver back. I love Lugia, so Soulsilver and Silver has always been my preferences. I like Ho-Oh too, and it's pretty and all, but not all that much. No offense to Ho-Oh lovers.

Anyways, I placed in the game, and everything seemed to be just fine. I mean, the opening and title is fine, but what it said when I pressed continue caught me off guard.

"...You can't join us."

"You can't join us?" I repeated, confused.

Already, I suspect it's a hacked game, and that sorta made me disappointed. I wanted to play the original Silver game itself, not some hacked game. I mean, yeah, hacked games are neat, but it's not what I was craving to play. I'm just curious though. I mean, most hacked games could make you jump just like that, so I wonder how this hacked game could play out. I decided to play through this more so I could see how this could play out. So, I pressed new game.

A text box came up, with an unusual opening.

"...
............
I want my best friend back."

It faded into your room instead of the usual opening and crap like that. I didn't even name my character. However, I perked up to see who I'm actually playing, and it just got me a little excited.

I was playing the rival, Silver.

I loved Silver. He'd always has been a favorite of my rivals. I mean, Blue is nicer then him, but Silver's actually pretty cool once you get to know him. There he was, laying in Gold's bed. Without controlling him, he walked out of bed, and stood there for a few seconds before a text box popped up.

"I gotta visit him today."

Him? Him who? Gold? Don't tell me he moved out, or something. I mean, something must've happened to him. I mean, who is Silver talking about? After a while, I was able to move him. I walked down stairs only to find Gold's mom there. I walked up to her and decided to talk to her.

"It just feels to painful...

That we won't..." She stopped right there. Confused, I decided to talk to her again.

"... I'm sorry..."

I kept talking to her, she said the same thing over and over. So, I ignored her, and continued on with the game. I walked outside, and a girl NPC walked up to me, and I grew a bit shocked.