Where Leaf was...

At the age of 5, Leaf was taken away by the Legendary bird, Ho-oh. Soon after that, everyone around Kanto searched for her, yet nobody found her. What really happened was she was taken to Johto and was part of Team Rocket. She escaped after 3 years of training to steal Mew and get all the money she can for the group, but she wouldn't accept it.

Red was finally going to Johto, and he got to see Mt. Silver, and so he decided to train up there, hoping for the best up the high mountain, but all his training back in Kanto helped him become the strongest. He saw a shadow in the distance, probably of a new Pokemon seeing as he had never seen a shadow like it.

He desperately ran up towards to shadow and tried to discover what was there, but suddenly it disappeared. Red cursed and walked off back to his Pikachu who was staring into a blank space.

Pikachu looked terrified. Red ran to his Pikachu and saw Moltres. He ran towards Moltres and reached into his bag to get his quick ball, and sent out Poliwhirl to battle.

Gold looked up to the mountain from a distance, and he saw the flaming bird. He sent out his Skarmory and flew up to the mountain. He saw Red there, using his Pokemon to fly after the bird. Gold screamed something, but Red didn't look behind him, as he was so focused on what was flying away in front of him.

Gold flew up to Red on his Skarmory, but then the Skarmory stopped flying and fell to the ground with Gold on it. Red saw what happened and went down to help him.

Gold was knocked out and found himself in a dark room of the cave when he woke up. None of his Pokemon were there with him, and he heard a soft soothing voice echoing around the room.

"Your Skarmory is dead, love, and all your other Pokemon."

Gold couldn't see anything but he could smell his own blood and knew he had scars around him.

He couldn't move and his leg was in agony. The voice called again.

"I've been trapped in this mountain for 7 days, I feel like I'm dead already.."

Gold heard a loud noise and a light came into the room, and he saw Leaf, with blood on her face and her hand missing, and a huge red mark on her leg, but he couldn't see anything else as he felt a sharp pain in his stomach and he blacked out suddenly. Leaf disappeared. Neither Leaf or Gold were ever seen again.