Crossguard IV

Sleep was golden to Kylo now that he was able to do it. Prior to being the Supreme Leader, Kylo received a good... three hours of sleep, four if he was lucky. It wasn't just the constant missions and training, but the number of thoughts that lurked within his brain.

The number dwindled since he slaughtered Snoke. He was now in control of his life and the First Order. He had some semblance.

But something woke Kylo up late at night—well into the early hours of the morning. He was used to waking up before the sun had risen... if there had been a sun. This time, however, it wasn't for his duties.

Forcing himself to sit upright, Kylo scanned his room within the darkness of the night, the dim stars shinning enough to give him some semblance of light. Seeing everything was in place, Kylo furrowed his eyebrows.

Then he realized it.

Snapping his head over to his nightstand, Kylo squinted his eyes for a moment as he let out a snarl. "Damn girl." Standing from his bed, not bothering to place robes or any shirt of some sort, Kylo stormed to your quarters, forced the door open and stomped towards your bed.

You looked ridiculous, sleeping there with his lightsaber tucked into your chest. With a slight move, you could easily activate it and kill yourself.

How were you able to manage to get his prized weapon without him noticing, anyway? He must've been deep in sleep or you must've been that skilled.

"Give me my lightsaber, girl."

Flinching awake after the booming voice, you glared at Kylo. "Get out of my room!"

"Give me—"

"Can't you wait till morning?!" You growled but Kylo stared at you with narrowed eyes.

"Now."

Looking at his extended hand, you stood from your bed, took his hand, and pulled him right out of your room. "Learn to respect a woman's sleep you caveman."

"I will not—"

"Wait. Till. Morning." At that, you shut the blast door and left Kylo standing there, blinking in disbelief.

Did you just kick him out? Did you just keep his lightsaber for the rest of the night? And did you just back talk him? "I don't know if I want to kill her or if I'm beginning to like her..." he mumbled to himself.

You were going to be a challenge. An interesting challenge.

• • •

"Don't think I'll go easy on you anytime soon," Kylo said as the two of you stood in the middle of the training room, panting and waiting for one of you to make a move. "After what you pulled last night?"

"Is this a form of punishment?" You interjected, arching an eyebrow as Kylo narrowed his eyes. "Is the Supreme Leaded bitter that some girl took his lightsaber without sensing it?" With a smirk, you lunged at him, but Kylo stepped back in time, missing the attack of your baton.

"I am not bitter," he breathed, swerving from your attack, "and you are not some girl."

Grinning, you continued to attack him, "the Supreme Leader likes me."

"I tolerate you. Don't get your hopes up, girl." Watching him pull out and activate his lightsaber, swinging it your way, you ducked every attack before Kylo stopped. "Your reflexes have improved."

Nodding, you gave Kylo a toothy smile, "may I hold it now?"

Sighing and deactivating his lightsaber, Kylo handed it over before using the Force to gather the weapons you used to train. "It has been some time already, how are you still fascinated?"