Chapter 8: Nightmare

Big Bear Lake, California 

Park Ave

Night

Paola

*RIIIIIIIIIIIIIING, RIIIIIIIIIIING*

"911, What's your emergency?"

"PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, HELP US! OH GOD! HELP US!!!"

"Ma'am, I need you to take a breath and calm down."

"PLEASE HELP US! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! PLEASE!"

"Ma'am please calm down! I need you to stay calm and tell me what's happening."

"Okay... okay... I need your help! M-My friends are b-b-being attacked by s-s-some sort of animal or creature a-and I-I-I don't know what's going on. Most of  usare injured and t-there's a lot of blood... OH GOD!!!"

*BANG, BANG, BANG*

"RRRRAAAAAAAAAHHHHH" 

"OH GOD, PLEASE HELP UUUSSSS!!!"

"Okay ma'am, I need you to tell me where you are so we can send officers to your location."

"FERNANDO! HOLD ON! I'M COMING!! HOLD ON! HOLD ON!" 

"O-O-Okay... we're at the Cranberry L-L-Lodge near Big Bear Lake, just off the trail"

"Alright, you're doing great ma'am. Now is there any--"

*KABOOM*

"RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!"

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH-"

*CLICK*

"HELLO? HELLO, MISS?"

_________

On the lonely roads of Park Avenue, a single police car patrols the streets of Big Bear. Inside the car are two police officers doing their daily routine of protecting the citizens and patrolling the small town. However, on this particular night... they don't realize the horrible scene that is happening right now.

"I'm telling you Connor, there's no way that would happen in real life. It doesn't make any sense." Sheriff Johnson said. He had dark skin, short hair and a full grow beard, but despite his physique, he is very optimistic. 

"What do you mean it doesn't make sense? It's very possible that a tarantula would kill a scorpion in a few seconds." Sheriff Connors boasted.

Sheriff Johnson rolled his eyes and took a deep breath.

"No it's not, a scorpion would kill a tarantula! It has that big spike that on it's tail and on it's hands. The spider has only webs, it won't do shit to the scorpion."

"So what! Spiders have the speed, they'll just avoid it and counter it with its webs to capture it and suffocate it." Sheriff Connors said.

"Yeah... sure it would."

"Calling Car 11, calling Car 11"

Sherriff Johnson reached for the radio and grabbed it.

"This is Sheriff Johnson, what's the situation?"

"We have a possible 10-91 at Cranberry  Lodge near Big Bear Lake. I need you to get over there now and report back as soon as possible."

"Copy that, we're on the way." Sheriff Johnson put the radio back and turned on his sirens.

"You ready partner?"