Chapter 12: Coming Home

Bear Valley Community Hospital, California

Room 125

Late Night

Paola

After hours of waiting and praying have led to this moment. Feeling Dana's hand slightly move and hold mine, gave me a sense of hope. However, it didn't stop there. I looked at Dana's face and saw that here eyes were starting to open slowly! That's when I heard the voice that I would never forget for the rest of my life.

"P... Paola?"

My eyes opened wide as I heard her voice and my sadness quickly dispersed and was replaced with joy!

"Oh. My. God." Bryan said as he got up from his chair.

"DANA!!!" I said happily as I quickly hugged her tight!

She came back... my sister came back!!

"Ow, ow, ow, easy there bud. I'm still sore on every part of my body." Dana groaned out. I let her go and held onto to her hand tightly.

"Sorry sis, it's just..." I felt my throat form another lump and I couldn't for the words to tell her how I feel. Instead, my eyes watered over and I barely kept my emotions in check. God... I'm an emotional mess. 

"W-When I saw you get stabbed by Jackie... and then you passed out by the c-car a-and you h-had no p-pulse... and then... and..." 

I started to break down, my hands started to shake as I put my hand over my mouth trying to muffle my cries. Dana held my hand tighter as she started to tear up as well. 

"I know Paola... I know. I never wanted this to happen, but life throws us obstacles that we have to face and overcome. Even if I... didn't come back, I know you would be able to keep fighting, keep living, so that you could live your life. Your strong Paola and with your heart... makes you even stronger."

She's right. Even though I want to deny it and say that it's not true, in the end, she's right. We can't guarantee that we live too see tomorrow and that any day can be our last on this Earth. In this world, we have to be strong, especially in this situation where we need each other the most.  

"Yeah... you're right. However, the only way I'm gonna be strong, if you're there, by my side, at every step."

"Trust me, sis, I'm not going anywhere." Dana said confidently.

"I hope you do, because it's good you have you back, man." Bryan said.

"Same here, Bryan." Dana looked at him, examining his injuries as she looked up and down.

"Those don't look so good." Dana said as she pointed to his covered arm.

Bryan looked at his forearm and let out a sigh of grief.

"Yeah, it looks pretty bad, but the scars are gonna be a whole lot worse though. Fernando got it the worst. He has gauze all over his legs and arm, plus a brace over his right hand."

Dana took a huge breath and laid her head on the pillow.

"Is he... okay?"

"He's good, a bit shook, but he'll be alright. Right now he's out there looking for Manuel."

Dana rose his up quickly as she her the words leave Bryan's mouth!

"OUT THERE! WHY?!"

She groaned in pain as she grabbed her stomach where she was stabbed.

"Take it easy. You just had surgery, remember?" I said sincerely.

"You're right, my bad, but why is he out there though?"