Chapter 2

10 years ago ( Aged: 6)

'Mummy, can you sing me a song?' I smile brightly at my Mother.

'Of course darling' She smiles and start singing something in Japanese. She had Long black hair that reaches to her waist and eyes with a shade of grey. She looks almost like a fairy.

'Mum!! Daddy is calling!' My older Sister Darcy pushes the door open and my mum stops singing. She was 5 years older than me.

'Sorry dear, I will be right back' She puts me down on the ground and walks out the door.

'Darcy...mum was just starting to sing!' I wine

'I'm sorry kalee. Dad seems very frustrated and it is very important.' She says and I sigh.

'Come on let's go to the garden shall we?' Darcy exclaims and my eyes lit up like a thousand lights. I nod vigorously and ran out before she could even know I left the room.

Fresh smell of flowers hit my nose and the wind starts to blow my dark hair away from my face. I run around the grass giggling and screaming when she catches me.

'Caught you!' She holds me and we come crashing to the ground laughing.

'Having fun?' My mother's voice sounded and I immediately run and have her a hug.

'Mummy, we were playing catch!'

'Aww just be careful alright' She smiles at me and I giggle more.

Hours past and I was found sleeping on the chair in the garden. I open my eyes slowly and sat up. The sky has gone darker than I thought it would be. Was it going to rain? Where is everyone?

I got on my small feet and wondered my way back into the house. The house was awfully quiet and my heart Beats faster.

'Mummy?' I try to call out. No answer. I ran to her bedroom but no one was there. I was starting to feel a painful feeling in my heart and I knew something was wrong. I ran down the Long flight of Stairs and ran towards the huge door in front of me. I open it to see my Mother laying on the ground while my dad was trying to fight off with someone.

I stood there frozen as that person eyes suddenly meets mine. His eyes were icy blue and it was oddly cold. He smirks at me and suddenly he was sliced with a sword. He jumps back quickly enough for just a small cut on his cheek. He smirks again and I see his wound heal.

'Give up already won't you?' He grins and my Father growls angrily.

'You will not touch my family! I'm warning you!' My Father shouts and later looks at my direction.

'Kalee...' He trails off and frowns before pulling me into his arms. My head touching his stomach.

'Are you Alright?' He asks me gently

'Daddy.... why are you fighting? You can't fight' I pull his shirt tightly and I could feel a pain that I never felt before. It's like I could know what my dad was feeling. He was going to die?

'Kalee, listen to me.... go up to your sisters room and stay with her. Don't come out until I say so okay? Can you do that for me?' He says with pain in his voice. I just nod and ran back into the castle. I hear more fighting behind but I continued to run up the stairs and went straight to my sisters room as I was told.

'Kalee!! Are you okay!!?' She hugs me

'Mhmm' I mumble unsure

'It's gonna be okay -

Just as she was talking, we hear glass breaking just near our room. I hold on to her hand for dear life and she holds me tighter.

'Darcy...... I- I'm scared I don't-

'It's gonna be okay...Kalee'

'But-

'No look at me Kalee. Look at me' she holds my shoulder and kneels down at my eye level. There was still crashing noises and screams but now I was starting at her ocean eyes.

'Don't be scared. I'm here with you' She smiles
'We will get out of here okay'

'What about mummy and daddy?' I ask and the loud noises starts to come closer.

'We will meet them later. Let's go' She takes my hand and we ran out to the back of the castle. She takes to the garden we were playing earlier. My mother's body was slammed against the ground by the man I saw earlier. I scream and Darcy immediately puts her hand around my mouth stopping me.

Unfortunately, he spots us. He walks towards us slowly and bends down on one knee, his other leg supporting. Darcy pauses me behind her and I could feel her hands tenses around my arms.

'D-Dont.....' I hear my mother trying to speak and the man closes his hand. She screams and cries and I could hear her bones cracking. Tears start to fall out of my eyes.

'Sweetheart what's your name?' He grins

'Your not talking to her' Darcy says confidently

'And why not? Your Darcy aren't you? That is your little sister, I just want to know her name. Is it wrong?' He asks

'Your just here to get her! I'm not letting you kill her. You have to set her free!'

'Nothing in this world is free you know?' He smirks and I hold on to her shirt tightly. He grabs my Sister and throws her to the side. He suddenly held onto my neck tightly. I grab my tiny hands tightly around his huge hands. I started to choke and cough. I could feel my vision blurring and black dots starts to appear.

when he screams and let's go of me. I drop to the ground, coughing and trying to get my breath back. My dad appears to my side and points his sword towards the man.

I look to the side to see my Sister not moving. No She can't be dead...

'You will never take my place Seth! I won't let you!' My dad growls

'We will see about that shall we?' He smirks. He cast a strong wind against us and I felt my whole body exploding. For a second, I thought I was dying but later the pain subsides and I was crying.

My Father growls loudly and stabs him through the shoulder but the man didn't seem to feel any pain. He just takes out the sword off his shoulder and throws it to the side.

'Weak' He says disgusted.

'How dare you cast a curse on my daughter!?'my Father says and carries me onto my feet.

'Dad! What are you doing!' I scream and he closes his eyes and mumbled something. My heart was beating fast and suddenly gust of wind surrounds me. Everything starts to surl around and I feel pain. Just pain in my body. My heart. Is like a troubled person. It soon stopped and my Father bends down to Whisper in my ear.

'Run kalee. Don't turn back. If you do, I will kill you' he whispers and took in a breath before pouncing onto the man. They both hit the ground and I quickly took the opportunity to run. I ran and ran until I reached the middle of nowhere.