Chapter 20

4 months later

24 October

The wind blows my Long black hair to one side. My body relaxes as I hear melody sounds made by the wind. Sitting on a huge rock in front of the sea. Caves are found at the sides and some mountains in the background. This place is definitely strange. I have never seen the sun staying at such a Low position for such a Long time. It should have set completely by now.

I immediately frown when I hear my name echoing behind me, destroying the peacefulness.

'What?' I turn around

'Dinner is ready miss' A young woman dressed in a white uniform says. I raise my eyebrows before following her.

All the people wearing these white uniforms were maids. I'm not in charge of them. Well... scarlet is.

'Hey! We were looking everywhere for you!' Darcy exclaims once the door opens. I give her a smile and went take my seat. We are not exactly living where we use too. We are in another dimension that most vampire lives. Scarlet happens to be one of the leaders and they are extremely rich.

Though they don't really live in castles as what most people will think. They live in huge mansions. It has been 4 months and I have been trying to track Seth and Cade down but to no avail.

'Are you gonna eat?' Darcy asks and i was snap out of my thoughts. I look down to the steak on my plate. I just nod and smiled. I take a knife and a fork, and slice into it.

•••

'Kalee?' I hear Luna say my name and quickly wipe the tears off my cheeks. I took a breath in before turning around.

'Oh hey' I smile

'What are doing up so late?' Luna laughs a bit and comes to my side. The cold air blows through causing both our hairs to move. The view here is amazing..... the stars here in the night sky are incredible. This is most probably the most favourite spot in the mansion.

'Oh.. can't sleep... how about you Luna?' I say and I could feel my heart clench. I ignore it and continue to smile.

'Same..' she sighs heavily and rests her arms on the metal bar that protects us from falling over.
'The stars here are amazing, don't you think?'

When she says that, my eyes softens and I smile more. 'Indeed they do'

'Are you Alright?' Luna asks concern as I started to cough non-stop. I try to compose myself and take in a few more breaths before stabilising myself properly on my feet.

'I'm.. I'm fine' I say as I stable myself.

'Do you need-

'I'm fine!' I shout unexpectedly.

'Sorry.. I didn't mean it like that. I'm just frustrated that This cold is taking me. I really don't mean to take my anger-

'Oh! Nonono it's alright kalee. I understand. Have plenty of rest Alright? I should go back in' She smiles as she says.

'I will. You too' I try and crack a smile. She nods back and walks back into the hallways. I sigh heavily and look back at the stars above me. In seconds I started to cough again, again and again.

My breathe was getting harder and harder until I cough out with some blood splashing out of my mouth. Shit I need to hide this.
Vampires have a good scent of smell. I turn back and had a middle heart Attack.

'Zen...' I say surprised and got myself on my feet.

'What were you even looking at?' Zen gives a weird face. He comes closer to my side and I just laugh sheepishly.

'Ahh Nothing! I just thought I saw a animal or something... oh-

I was cut off when he takes my hand out from my back that I was hiding behind me. His eyes grows big and his grip around wrists gets tighter. For some reason, he was stronger than me and I can start to feel my bones cracking. He suddenly pulls me into a tight hug.

He grabs my waist with one hand and the other on my head. I stand there frozen. What the?

'Please tell me.... Please... just tell me that everything is okay' He says and my eyes widens. My body relaxes and I put one hand around him. There was a few minutes of silence before I break the hug. My hand was still lingering on his chest and lift my hand. I lift my head to look at him.

'Everything is okay' I give a small smile. He clenches his teeth.

'Than why did I just see blood on your hands? and why do I keep seeing you spacing out? You don't even talk anymore?!' He yells and my heart clenches again.

'Zen' i say and he looks at me.
'I am... so sorry... I promise, I will tell you-

'Tell what?' He asks

I take in a Long breath. 'There is something I will like to share but now isn't a good time. Other than that, everything is fine. Really. The blood on my hands were.... from my mouth'

'You... coughed it out?' His voice lowers.

I take in a breath again. 'Yes'

'Are- are you? Are you that sick?' He steps closer. I step to his side and rest my hand on his shoulder.

'Don't tell the rest' I say without looking at him and make my way out.