Chapter 13

13 years ago ( Aged: 6)

BOOM.... BOOM BOOM

Lightning flashes across the sky and thunder sounds soon comes. I was running barefooted in the forest. I have no idea where I am. I notice I was about to run further into a village. I look up and recognise the mountain. Grandpa lives here...

I ran and ran up the steep slopes of the mountain. I was desperate. I pant, catching my breath once I reach a pretty big house.

'Grandpa!?' I shouted but to no avail. The thunder and lightning were just too loud.

I bang on the huge gates and kept shouting. Soon what felt like hours. The gate opens slowly. I was cold and I was drenched from head to toe. I see him standing at the porch. His eyes opens wide. I ran and hug him. He rests his hand on my back and bent down on his knees.

I was sobbing and it wouldn't stop. He wipes my tears and hugs me.

He whispers into my ear. 'Your safe now, it is going to be okay'

•••

I open my eyes. Light streams through my room. I get up and rub my eyes. I look in the mirror and there I see eye bags underneath. Why do I look so tired when I have enough sleep?

I sigh and put on fresh new clothes. I step out only to feel my head spinning. I stop and run my head. Soon the vision stops moving and I continue to walk to the living room. I heard swords hitting each other and went to the back of the house.

I see William and Zen sword fighting. Beth was standing on the side watching. She soon notices me and walks to me.

'Good morning kalee' she greets

'Good morning' I smile weakly and a cough overtook.

'Uh-

'I'm okay' I say assuring her. She nods. I take a deep breath in and try to heal myself. Once I put all the tiredness behind me. Which is only temporary. I step in the middle of them.

They took it by surprise and failed to move back. I use my bare arms to block both of them.

'and this is how you defend yourself from swords' I smile and they both look at me weirdly.

'You should not have done that you know' Zen says

'Well that is actually a good idea' Williams says and I raise an eyebrow.

'We should really work not only with swords and if we were to have no weapon. We need to learn how to defend ourselves. But not really using magic' He says and nod agreeing

'Hm works for me' Zen shrugs

'Let's try' William says

'Cool' Zen says. Putting his sword away

'With kalee'

'What!' Zen gasps and frowns
'That is not fair man'

'I believe kalee will help you better' William says and walks off. Zen pushes his bangs back and huffs.

'So... we are just going to practice dodging first and attacking with our hands' I say and he looses his arms.

'Easy' He says and I smirk.

I step forward ready to punch him. He dodges. I distract him with another punch and later kick his leg. He slips and falls on his back. He groans.

'Looks like you need more practice' I look down and he roll his eyes. He gets up on his feet.

After hours of trying to pick his speed up. He generally got better. But is he strong enough to defend himself against a sword? They are sharp and it may cut your skin. Though he can wear those leather protection for your arm.

'Beth' I call. She immediately knew and throws me a sword. I catch it with one hand.

'Alright Zen. You don't have a sword and now your goal is to defend yourself from it and take the sword from me. Got it?'

'Got it' he says.

I feel air around me rise and I launch myself towards him, he raises his arms out blocking me. The wind stops. I step back.

'Wow not bad' I smile. He smiles but later it drops.

'Your eyes....' he says

'Hmm? What about my eyes?' I ask confused

'They are... bright rose colour.. almost like pink rose' He says and raise my eyebrows. Pink rose? What does that mean? I just blink and stared at him. He scratches his neck awkwardly.

'Kalee look what I-

I look to my right. Elijah was about to say something but when he sees my face he stops. He stares at me for a good few seconds before coming closer. He suddenly lowers his body and our nose were touching. My eyes grow big and I hit him in the head.

'What are you doing Elijah!' I hit his head and he shouts in pain.

'Kalee...' Zen calls my name and I look back to him.

'What? What's wrong with my eyes?' I frown

'Pink Rose means that you are attracted or interested.....' William appears suddenly. I look to William and than back to Zen. I frown deeper and later look back to William. He smiles and my cheeks starts to heat up.

'All of you..... are crazy' I say and walk to Beth.

'Come on Beth' I say and she follows me back into the house. Attracted? What bullshit is this? I never have fall in love before and never once taught about me meeting my beloved. This is crazy. I'm crazy. Why does my eyes have this stupid abilities!!!!

I groan frustratedly and put my face on my pillow.

'Are you Alright?' I hear Beth voice. I got up immediately.

'I think so' I say unsure and walk out of my room