Chapter 7

'Are you seriously running away from me?' Elijah says and I roll my eyes.

'Look Elijah, I have no idea what do you want but I know you want to kill me' I hiss

'You have the wrong idea kalee. I wasn't with the man just now-

'Than why were you about to kick me in the face??' I raise my voice.

'That is because I just wanted to know if it was you' He shrugs and I frown. he sighs
'The kalee I know always gets her way and she won't hesitate to kill anyone who is about to kill her or look like the person is going to kill her'

'What the!?, who the hell are you?' Zen appears out of nowhere and looks to me than to Elijah. He dashes towards Elijah crashing him on the ground and holds tightly around his throat. Panic washes over me and I yank Zen's hand from Elijah's throat.

'Leave him, he did nothing wrong but he did sneak into here' I say as Zen stands up and looks at me weirdly.

'You know him?' Zen asks and I nod. Zen takes one last look at him before looking back to me.

'What?'

'Are you guys like... toge-

'Are you out of your mind!?' I shout and hit him in the head.

'OUCH' he yells and rubs his head

'Kalee' I hear William calling my name. I look in the distance and he was standing there. There was no sword clung next to him. He walks closer to me and than looks at Elijah.

'So who is this person exactly or I will kill him right here right now. You have 10 seconds' he says harshly and I start to worry.

'Um uh! His name is Elijah! We were friends when we were little. I met him in jail. I was 8 and he was 9 back than' I say quickly and look to William. He closes his eyes and let out a breath.

'Do you have a place to stay Elijah?' William says and I look at him surprised to what he was saying.

'Uh not really... not exactly. I mean I have house but I don't have enough money to pay the rent' Elijah scratches his head nervously.

'Kalee. Are you close to him?' William asks

'Uhh we were.... when we are younger' I say softly and he nods.

'Why not stay with us? I'm sure it is not safe for you'

'Oh! No you don't have too-

'I have too' William says calmly and Elijah looks back to me. I just shrugged.

'Uh okay...' Elijah says awkwardly.

'You know... we can't just force someone to stay here' I say to William and he looks at me.

'In other words, he can be killed. Anyone who knows you will be found and killed immediately by Seth' William says in his deep voice and walks back to the house.

'Um Guess I'm staying with your' Elijah says and Zen shakes his head disapprovingly.

•••

The night feels colder than usual. I found myself not sleeping and I make my way out to the front door to the porch. I sit down on the ground and crossed my legs. I let a breath out and there was cold air coming out of it making a smoke. Just when I realised I wasn't wearing a jacket. I ran back to my room and put on a coat and come out again.

The sky is dark but the moon was shining bright. It was quiet but was overwhelmed with frog and crickets noises. I lean my head against a wall that was connected to the ground and the roof. I close my eyes and open my mouth to sing.

'Suna No ue Ni kizanda Kotoba kimi No Ushirosugata-

'Didn't know you sing' I immediately stop and turn back to see Zen leaning against the door way with his hand in his pockets.

'Especially a Japanese song' he says and sits down beside me.

'You scared me' I say and he laughs.

'My bad' he says
'Can't sleep?'

'Yea. You can't sleep too?'

'In a way... I'm on patrol. So I have to stay awake the whole night and I'm pretty use to it' He says casually and I look down to my hands.

'Something wrong?'

'No. Nothing is wrong' I look up and smile slightly.

'You sure? You seem like you have something to say' he laughs a bit.

'It's nothing... it's just, I saw one of your memories.' I say and he raises his eyebrows.

'My memory???'

'Yes. I can look into someone's past. I know it sounds creepy but it's really unintentional. It just appears to me' I say and shifted my butt back a bit.

'Oh well, can you see the future?' He asks and I shake my head.

'I can't' I say and he hummed at my response.

'What song were you singing just now??'

'Oh um it's... just a song I heard when I was little' I say and he nods.

'Cool. Anyway catch you tomorrow. You should sleep soon' he stands up and goes behind the house. I sigh and stand up. I walk back to my bed and lie down. I close my eyes hoping the dreams would stop.