Chapter 12

3 years later (Aged:19)

'Kalee we found more' Zen says and I follow him. The place is dark and the air was smoky from all the fighting. So many dead bodies on the floor, that we could barely walk straight.

'They are dead too' he says and I sigh softly. I was about to walk away but he holds onto my wrists.

'Nani?' I turn around

(What?)

'I know.... I haven't been the best and..... I'm sorry for all the arguments I made' he says and I raise my eyebrows. My eyes softens and I smile.

'Ī nda yo' I say and he lets go of my wrists and we walk back home.

(It's okay)

•••

'Kalee!!!' I hear William shouting my name and I peak my head out the door.

'You destroyed the garden again!!!!!' He yells and I laugh sheepishly.

'Sorry William' I give him a toothy smile

'It's Mr William to you now' he growls and I nod. Old man

We are living in another part of town. Which is quite far from where we use to stay 3 years ago. I have never seen Nigel Nor Cade since but even though we are far apart. I know that they are close. There has been a lot of fightings around the areas and we found out that most of them are killed by Seth's warriors. There are so many of them....

'Kalee' I turn back to see Beth with her palms out.

'Thank you' I smile and take the pill from her hand. She passes me a glass of water and I pop the pill in my mouth. After it goes down my throat. I finish the rest of the water. I pass back the cup to Beth and she puts it in the sink.

'Are you okay? You have been taking medicine for the past one week kalee.' Elijah asks.

'Yea I'm okay' I shrug and walk to the back of the house. I see William fixing the garden.

'Need help?' I bent down beside him.

'Yes please' he says and I laugh a bit

You should be the one Doing it anyway' he mumbles under his breath.

'I'm sorry... i took the training too far..' I say as I gather the soil with my bare hands. He doesn't say anything and continue to do whatever he was doing. I sigh and continued to gather the soil and plant back some fresh flowers.

When I was done I stood up to move to another spot that was empty. I feel the wind blow through the place, making my hair go along with it. I take a rubber ban from my wrist and tie my hair into a ponytail. I felt a presence behind me and turn my head to see Zen standing on the porch.

I catch his eyes and he quickly look away. I raise my eyebrows. Was he looking at me? I ignore my thoughts and finish tying my hair. I bent down and gather the soil together. I still could feel him starting at my direction but I shake it off.

Suddenly I feel a painful sting on my chest. I stop what I was doing and clench onto my dress tightly. I winced as it gets worst. It wasn't just a sharp pain. It is burning. I look to my left, to see William still organising the place. I take in a shaky breath and stand up slowly.

I turn around and tired to walk but I feel too weak.

'Zen' I try to call out. He was facing his back to me but thankfully he hears me. He comes to my side in a flash.

'Can you help me? Please?' I say and he holds my arm to support me.

'Your cold!' He says worriedly. We reach the living room and Beth gives me a cup of water. I gulp it down.

'Kalee' Beth hands me the bottle of pills but I shake my head.

' iie '

(No)

I actually never thought about telling anyone. The curse isn't just to make my life worst. It's even worst than anyone can imagine. Only time can show itself. It is going to kill me. I was walking to my own death path.

'No you are going to see the doctor' Zen says

'Leave it' I say

'You are clearly not well kalee and I can't just stand here and see you being..... so sick!?' He yells and I let out a breathe.

'Zen-

' can you just stop being so stubborn?' He interrupts me and I close my mouth shut. I close my eyes and open again. I stand up to face him. I press my fingers gently on his cheek. I frown when I feel something. His chest is tight. I sigh and put my hand down.

'Alright. Let's go' I say and walk forward. My chest still hurts but the pain was manageable now. He doesn't walk until a few seconds. He comes by my side and we walk to the middle of the town.

The whole long way was silent and I have no idea what ya shot into Zen nowadays. His been acting really rough lately. Is he stressed? Maybe

I open the glass door and the rings on it made a sound. The lady at the counter smiled when she heard us come in but later her face changes when she looks up at me. I look away and waited for Zen to say something.

'Um we here to see a doctor. She is feeling unwell' Zen says awkwardly. I turn back to look at the lady. She shifts her eyes back to the paper in front of her. She doesn't say anything and hands Zen the slip of paper.

We proceed to sit down on the chairs and waited.

FEW HOURS LATER we sat down around the table and ate dinner. William cooked a pot of soup with chicken in it. There was cabbage inside as our vegetable. On the side we're some apples.

I took a sip of the soup and it warmed my body nicely. It taste so good, I can drink this Everyday. Well maybe...

I took a bite of the chicken. It was soft and tender. There was a great amount of salt and the flavours form the soup just makes it better. I swallow it down my throat. I look around to see everyone eating happily but my face changes when I see Elijah gulping down everything.

I feel my throat itching and I cover my mouth when I was about to cough. I cough once and than another one came. I brush the feeling of fear off and went to take a cup of water. I gulp it down and I immediately felt better.

Apparently, the doctor just said I was having a flu but obviously I know what it is exactly. I take a breath in and was about to go back but something catches my eye. I turn back to look at the kitchen window. The clouds were dark and there was a few lights flashing. It's going to rain..

'Kalee!! I'm gonna finish all the food if you don't come back!' Elijah yells and I laugh. I sit down at my seat and start to eat. Soon I hear thunder and some memories pops into my mind.

____________
Me editing:
Zen is two years older then Kalee, if you forgot. That means now he is 21. And Kalee is 19. (3 years has passed)