Chapter 10

I have never seen skills so good as Beth. She may look fragile but she is extremely fast. Her speed is 10 times anyones, though her Attack can be a problem. However if she gets enough speed she can actually kill someone.

'That's not fair!' Zen shouts

'Sorry. I just have the ability to be this fast' Beth says monotoned and Zen sighs.

'Kalee' Beth bows when she sees me and I give Zen the face.

'Umm Beth there is no need to bow. We are all the same' I smile. Her face expression doesn't change and nods.

'So Zen, have William tracked down where Seth could be?' I turn to Zen.

'His... still working on it... ' he says and uses his fingers to brush through his hair. He notices me looking at him and smirks. I look away quickly.

'Kalee. I have a bad feeling' Beth suddenly says and I turn to her.

'Why? What happened?' I ask worried

'My stomach hurts. It means something wrong' She says and touches her stomach.

'No Beth. Your just hungry' I giggle
'Have you eaten lunch?'

She looks up to me slowly and shakes her head.

'Why have you not? Lunch was served an hour ago. Come on let's go inside and eat.' I hold onto her wrists and pull her into the house.

•••

'Woah.... your room is... full of things' Elijah enters my room.

'If is something not important. Please get out' I say and quickly put the envelopes together.

'Come on. Be a bit lighter?' Elijah says lightly and sits down on the floor. I frown and give an angry face.

'What?' Elijah asks

'You are invading my space. I was doing something important' I say harshly and put the envelopes on the table.

'Sorry kalee..... What are those?' He asks and I look to the envelopes on the table.

'It's nothing'

'Oh' he says. I could feel something different about him or is it just me?

'You wanted to ask something?' I raise an eyebrow and he rubs his neck nervously.

'I um... Roselyn actually asked me to give you this.' He hands me a paper with cursive handwriting on it. I take it and took a closer look.

Dear Kalee,
I am scared but when you came into my life. I have never felt so happy and now I am really ready to do anything to keep us safe. You are like a Sister to me and I will never forget that. Even when the day I die, I will still never forget you. It's two more days before they hang you to death. I have no idea, whether you will see this letter in time or at all.

I just wanted to say, that you are always in my heart. My only Sister that I have ever have. I am making a plan to safe you. You may loose me but I just want us to be safe.

Love,
Roselyn

Just as I read the last part, I could feel my eyes watering. I frown and close my eyes. I take in a few breathes before opening my eyes and look back to Elijah.

'Thank you' I smile

'Mmm... are you okay?' He asks and I feel my heart clench. Am I really okay? Am I ?

'Yes' I say but my chest feels even more troubled. He nods and goes out of my room, sliding my door close. I put the paper in a spare envelope and seal it with my tongue. I put it together with the other envelopes and later lie onto my bed. I breathe out and turn to one side. After a few minutes pass, my eyes starts to few heavy and I was met with darkness.

6 years ago (In another jail. Aged: 10)

'Kalee... kalee' someone shakes me and I open my eyes. I rub it and blink a few times.

'What...?' I say tiredly

'So what did the guard tell you??' Roselyn asks

I sigh. 'He says I'm going to be hanged'

'What? No.... you. Can't die kalee. You can't' She says and tears starts to flow down her face.

'Roselyn. Don't cry...please. I really don't want to die and I am going to try to find a way out.' I hold on her shoulder tightly.

'How?' She asks and I frown.

'I don't know but definitely I will find a way to escape on the day I will die because they are going to bring me out into the field' I say

Present time

'Kalee. Why are you sleeping in the middle of the day. I know your tired but we have to train' I hear William's annoying voice sounding in my room. I get up slowly and walk out without saying a word. I read to the back of the house and I see Elijah training with Zen. I frown.

'Zen' I call his name and both of them stop.

'You are doing it wrongly. If you are going to use two swords you need to stay very focused. If there were to be two opponents and only you. You need to make sure your sword won't be taken away. Like what Nigel did to you' I say and he just looks at me.

'Uh Alright then' He says and I take a step back. They continue to fight each other. Elijah is very strong but he can get distracted very easily. Zen in the other hand is strong too but I can see that he is still confused about his skills. He can do much more but he doesn't know...

'Kalee' I turn around to see a metal blade flying towards my direction. My eyes grow big as I see it coming near my face. I was about to doge it somehow but i know I was too slow. Suddenly Beth was right in front of me and she catches it with her hands.

Time becomes normal and I blink in shock.

'You are really quick' I say to Beth

'Nicely done Beth' William smiles and I look to him with anger.

'You could have killed me you know!?' I yell at him

'But... Beth is here for you. So you have to gain your trusts with each other. Starting from now on you and Beth need to come with a strong strategy. You two are very strong. Hence, you guys will make a good team' William says and nods to himself satisfied from what he has just said.

I feel wind passing through my hair

'Huh?'