Part 50

NICO

Will jogs over to me and takes me by the shoulders, kissing me. He pulls away after a moment and I stutter a little.
'Sorry.' He says, 'I just really, really love you.' He smiles and kisses me lightly again.
'I do too. Love you. I love you.' I say, my cheeks heating up. He moves the hair out of my eyes and stares at me, intently. 'What is going on with you?' I ask, elbowing him lightly. He laughs and takes my hand as we start to walk to breakfast.
'I don't know. Everything's just so weird. My dad coming here. I don't know.' He says, 'i just don't know what I'd be doing if you hadn't come back here.'
'What do you mean?'
'I just can't imagine my life without you.' He smiles at me as he watches me roll my eyes, 'sorry, I know you hate when I'm dramatic.'
'I don't hate it.' He says, suppressing a smile and focusing on his shoes.
'It's just impossible to think that I actually lived here for so long without you. I don't understand.' He says, and his voice drifts to a sincere tone, I pause and pull him round to face me.
'Why are you talking like this? Did I miss something?' I ask, aware that I'm not always the best st noticing social cues. He smiles and shakes his head.
'You didn't miss anything, don't worry. I'm just...glad I have you.' He says.
'I'm glad I have you too.' I say. I rest my arms over his shoulders and he holds my waist lightly. I am all too suddenly aware of how lost I'd be without him. 'You know, I was prepared to leave here.'
'Camp half blood?'
'Yeah. I was drifting between the two camps and I had a job to do, help switch over Jason and Percy. Make sure the two camps merged. But after that, I didn't really have much reason to stay. Hazel had found some good new friends and I was just holding her back, her weird brother. I wanted to go back to Italy. And that was sort of a death sentence in itself. I decided once it was all done, I'd make my way back home or die trying.' 
I can see Will watching me with pain in his eyes. He grips me a little tighter.
'Nico.' He says, unable to say much more.
'But then the war started and I got dragged into that one. I got closer with people, Reyna became a new reason to stick around for a while. But I still had every intention of leaving. I wanted to go back home. But then you almost got yourself killed, and I saved your ass. And you forced me to get better. You made me...you gave me a reason to get better.'
'I can't believe I didn't know this.' He says, his voice quiet.
'I never told anyone.' I say, 'I just...I don't know, I realised just now that I hadn't thought about leaving for weeks. And it's because I...' I falter slightly, my mind is still unused to this, still not familiar or fully okay with it. But I feel it so deeply, I'm so completely in love with him. 'I've never felt so...so at home. You love me and I trust that you do. And it's such a strange feeling.'
'I do love you.' He says.
'I know you do.' I reply. He rests his forehead against mine, kisses me quickly and lightly.
'And that's it. That's everything for now. I love you and you love me and everyone else is going to do the hard work now.' He says, and I nod.
'I've done my bit.' I say, 'I'm okay with laying low for a while.'
'For a long time.' He corrects me.
'For a long time.' I repeat.

The end.

Of this part.
The second part can be found on my page,
and is titled 'Solangelo continued'
Thank you for reading, and if you'd like more,
please check it out.
xx

Lily