Part 45

NICO

I had a bad nights sleep and I sit on my own table, not in the mood to talk to anyone. But I can tell as soon as Will steps in front of me that he won't be deterred.
'What?' I ask, knowing he won't take my mood offensively.
'Will you be my partner for Harley's maze?' He asks, smiling.
'No way.' I say, 'that kids going to get everyone killed.'
'Nicooo.' Will whines, dropping into the seat opposite me.
'You can't make me.'
'I can and I will.' He says and I look up at him, wondering if he knows how that sounds. From the look in his eyes he meant it that way. I blush, as I always do, hating that it's my reflex to anything vaguely intimate.
'Shut up.' I say, looking down. I see him laugh a little.
'Nico Di Angelo, are you embarrassed of me?' He asks, moving over to sit next to me.
'Shut up.' I repeat, split between wanting to smile and actual frustration.
'You're blushing.' He taunts, placing his hand on my knee. My leg jerks a little but he doesn't move, he speaks quietly, 'I make you blush.'
'Yes, you make me blush.'
'Red suits you.'
'Can't I eat my breakfast in peace?'
'Not until you agree to be my partner.' He says moving his hand up my thigh. I feel my face heat up, conscious of everyone filling in to eat breakfast.
'Okay. Alright, okay. Yes. I'll be your partner.' I say, and he smiles and leans in slowly, purposefully.
He kisses me lightly on my cheek then whispers in my ear, 'love you lots.'
'Yeah, love you too, you asshole.' I say, pushing him away lightly and turning back to my breakfast. He kisses the back of my head before moving over to his own table. For now I'm glad I've got a table on my own, needing time to cool off. I finish my breakfast quickly, but don't leave the table for another ten minutes or so.