10. Fluffy Sandals

"Sometimes you will have misunderstandings

"Sometimes you will have misunderstandings. Sometimes heartbreak or maybe disbelief. But remember, always do what you think is right. Don't listen to people, don't doubt your feelings. Just follow your instincts."
______________________________________

"I want the person handling this matter to be married." The man uttered. I felt Khaled stiffened but his face remained composed. "I hope you underst-"

"I understand" Khaled said.

He does? What does being married have to do with contracts? This is odd. Why does it matter? Perhaps he's afraid that his wife would leave him for Khaled. I mean that would explain why she's giving Khaled all ozzy look. He doesn't trust her and Thinks that Khaled is a player. Is he? 5 years ago he was the biggest player in our school but has he changed or is he the same person as he was 5 years ago?

I gave him a look but he didn't notice me as he looked like he was thinking about something deep. Is he misunderstood? Does he realise that the man is referring to him? Does he know what everyone think about and just chose to ignore?

I mean next to every young rich bachelor have the reputation for a player.

"I may not be married but I plan to do so very soon actually. If you are still not pleased we can stop the process" Khaled remained calm. Of course he plans to. Look at him, he's at the age of marriage.

"No- I'm not- it's just that I wanted for you to have the same vision as a married man when handling my future house." The man scratched the back of his neck.

"I understand." Khaled said again. And that's when I zoomed out a d decided to not listen. My mind drifted back to my father. Now that I didn't find my phone, the doctor will not have a y way to contact me if something happens. I'm really worried. Diving into my thoughts deeply, I didn't realize that the meeting has ended when I found Khaled hovering over me and the elder couple gone.

"I'll inform David to give your cat back to you. I'll drive you home."

I first hesitated but then dared to ask, "Can we stop by a phone butik? I need to buy one."

He looked at me for a second then nodded. "Alright let's go."

When I got up on my feet pain jolted up my body. This shoes is killing... This time i didn't get to hide my pain instead I cry out slightly but it was heard. Khaled whirled back to face me and then he searched my figure and until he followed my gaze to my feet. A stream of blood sipped through my shoes from my left foot and I sat back in the chair. Thank god no one was in the restaurant just a couple was left on a table far away from me.

Khaled frowned but without saying anything and leaned forward and took off both of shoes. Then I grabbed a fancy blue napkin and wipped away the blood that escaped. Khaled crouched down in front of me and examined my feet without touching them. Please don't touch them. Don't touch me.