19. Low Chances

"If something happens to me Sabrinna, move on

"If something happens to me Sabrinna, move on. Don't live the rest of your life in grief, everyone of us is promised that we will leave this world. I'll finally meet my lord so be happy for me."
A drop of tear fell from my eyes followed by thousands as the nurses dragged him away from me.

______________________________________

I opened my mouth to say something but my father's deep sighed made me stop and whipped my head him. His chest stopped moving and I quickly put a finger below his nose. I felt nothing. Panic rose inside of me and pushed the signal button for the staff to come before I ran to the side of the door to grab the CPR board. 

"Help me!" I said to Khaled as I pulled my father side, Khaled was instantly on the other side of the bed and pulled my father further to the side just enough that I put the board under and lied him on it. I started doing the chest compression. My hands pushing through my father chest, reaching out for him. No. No. NO.

He can't go, not now. Ya Allah please not now. Not like this. I want to talk to him first. I want to see him smile at me first. Please stay with me. 

I didn't know when the staff came pouring in the room, a nurse took over from me as my arms went numb. Everything was happening fast. Dr Mikealson faced his back to me and I saw him holding two defibrillators, one in each hand. I saw my father being shocked. Once, Twice. The third Khaled pulled me into a hug. My face was in his chest, blocking me from the view. I felt him shaking and then I realized he wasn't shaking, I was. 

"His pulse is back, doctor." A female voice was heard and I leaped out of Khaled's hug and turned to them. 

"Prepare the operation room and take the patient to the ICU until the room is ready." He ordered and everyone worked in synchronization, pulling my father from my sight along the way. 

"I want to operate with you." My voice was stronger than I expected. Dr Mikealson shook his head. 

"Luckily this week we had a meetings with great doctors in US, some of them agreed to operate your father with me so don't worry, he's in good hands." he explain calmly.

"I still want in." I held my ground. I want to be with father. 

"I can't let you perform a surgery like this, your emotions are all over the place which will cause mistakes. We cannot afford a single mistake right now. Listen Sabrinna, you are a great surgeon but you're out. We will take care of the rest, now if you will excuse me." He didn't even let me speak before he ran off. 

"He's going to be alright, Sabrinna." Khaled stroked my arm up and down and I broke down, falling to the ground, I held my head in my hands.

The chances are low for him survive. I'm losing my hope and it's killing me.
I try to think of my next plans but I don't see anything. I don't know how long I was crying or how long Khaled's arm was around me trying to gather my shattered soul. I felt numb and I don't have any more tears to use.

I'm promised to find Khaled beside me while going through this. Usually I don't let anyone see my broken heart, like this. The way he was there and tried to comfort me made me feel weird. I'm not used to people comfort me. Last time someone did was my father after my mother's death. I glanced at him only to find him frowning with sadness evident in his eyes.

I darted my eyes away and quickly scrambled and made my way out of the door and directly to the operation center. My eyes found the big digital board that showed the ongoing operations. Dr Mikealson's operation began 2 mins ago. My heart was punching my chest and my breathing was hacking as I slumped down a chair. Khaled didn't come after me which I was glad for. Now I could act however I wanted without feeling conscious of myself.  

I miss my mom. I wish she was here with me. I felt more lonely than I used be. Now that I think about it today is my mother's birthday. I almost chuckled, how ironic. On her birthday did my father have a heart attack.  

Hours passed and I felt dizzy with worry as my butt went numb. I looked at the board which I did every minute, it showed that 4 hours has passed since the operation began and they still weren't done. What if something happened? Two hours ago I felt a snap in my chest which I though nothing of. What if he died then? By the time sky darkened I was getting restless, my puls piked up as I was pacing through the now empty hall. All the other operations were done, what is happening in there?

Suddenly I felt a presence beside me after I finally sat down. I looked at who it was only to find Khaled with a paper bag with Burger King's logo on in one hand and two cups with cup holder in the other. "You should eat." he said low, almost afraid of me snapping. 

I turned around, the sight of food makes me sick. How can I eat while my father is fighting for his life? If he's even fighting, last time I saw him, he'd given up. I shook my head. 

"Would you want your father to see you like this when he comes out alive?" he said and pushed the paper bag to me. "Eat." This time he ordered. He did have a point. I didn't looked myself in the mirror but I know that I look horrible and the grumble in stomach is not helping. The last meal I ate was a bagel and a cup of coffee.

I silently took out a hamburger and munched on it as he did the same. It was hard to swallow with a dry throat so I took a sip of the soda that was in the paper cup of Burger King. The silence in the hallway was comfortable. It allowed me to rest my mind after it work fast the entire time, now I thought about nothing. I emptied my mind and let everything go.

The Operation doors splited itself in half and doctors in the white uniforms came out of it chatting and filling the hallway with buzz. I was on my feet and quickly made my way to Dr Mikealson who was out last. The hallway felt into silence again. 

"How was it? What was the result?" I patted like I've ran a mile. It was the first time I saw Dr Mikealson look so remorseful when he lifted his eyes to lock with my wide ones. 

"I'm sorry, we lost him."

He's dead you guys and left Sabrinna alone

He's dead you guys and left Sabrinna alone. How do you think she will react? Thank you for reading and don't forget to

Vote
Comment
Share

Later beauties ❤