17. Boxing Gloves

"Where are we?" I said starting at what was before me

"Where are we?" I said starting at what was before me. We were in front a building that looked abandoned in the middle of a forest. Is this the gym that Layla and Latifah talked about when they found out that Khaled was an underground boxer?

"This is where I let out some esteem and right now I want to do just that." he let out a breath heavily.

"You shouldn't have talked to your mother like that." I looked away from him standing but saw how he looked at me like I have grown another head at the corner of my eye.

"She insulted you Sabrinna. She does not deserve your kindness."

I snapped my head toward him. "She's still your mother and.." I trailed off and shifted my eyes away "she was right about me."

He turned around abruptly and grabbed my forearms as he pulled me closer to his chest. "Don't you ever say that again. Nothing she said is right, do you hear me?" he hissed and shook my shoulder slightly. My breathing stopped as I watched him shocked. The air got uncomfortable and awkward.

Khaled blinked. Once. Twice. Heat was was going up from my neck to cheeks and then my whole face. He let go and turned away in a flash and coughed embarrassed. If this was a movie I would probably have laughed but being in the situation, it's not that funny.

"We should go inside." he said with a husky voice and I nodded fast. With the air thick we made our way inside what looked like a gym.

The smell of metal and sweat filled my nose as soon as I walked through the door. Huge men some with tattoos and some scars trained furiously. There was no sign of a woman here. I guess it's too brutal for a woman to be here even if that's no the case at all. I believe woman is capable of doing anything as long as they trust themselves.

"It's not the most fancies place in the world but it's where I trained the most throughout the years, you can say it's my second home."

I nodded almost jealous of him that he had something he was so passionate about. It almost makes me wonder what I was doing in my life beside feeling bad about myself. I lost 7 years of my life to grief that lead nowhere.

I followed him before he showed me the dressing room with extra training clothes that you can borrow. When I the women's clothes however my face went blank. I cannot possibly wear, is this fashion show or a gym? A two piece clothes was in my hand. A extra small tights and a training bras that had the color neon pink. I tried to search for anything else as I opened all the lockers and fortunately and I found a pair of sweatpants and a short sleeved shirt.

It took me a good 5 mins to change and another 5 mins to finds back to the main gym hall. I halted my steps when I saw Khaled punching a sandbag furiously. His whole body moved in rhythm like he was born to do this. I watched in fascination at his glad face. He almost seemed like the teenage Khaled who was filled with energy and passion. I always wondered why Layla enjoyed training all the time when it was so tiring. What about punching sandbags and running miles that makes them happy? I guess I will never know if I don't try it myself.