Chapter 11- Black

Danny's Point Of View

I turned the water off and got out of the shower, putting my towel on immediately after.

I walked into my bedroom where Jade was laying. She came after picking her daughter up from school.

"Babe, you know you don't have to take 5 minute showers anymore, right?" She said, poking her lip out.

"Oh..shit, do I stink?" I asked, lifting up my underarm and sniffing it. "Should I go back in?"

"No." She said. "No, it's not that at all. I'm just concerned. I want you to lose the habit, that's all. You're home now, baby. You can shower for as long as you want. You're not in that hell hole anymore."

I nodded. "Yeah- um, I know. Jus gimmie a lil more time."

"Take as much time as you need baby, I'm not rushing you." She said, standing up and walking over to me. Then caressing my jawline and smiling at me.

I smiled back at her and pulled her closer, softly pressing my lips against hers.

"Babe, I can't come witchu to ya appearance tonight." She said, after breaking the kiss.

"Why not?" I groaned.

"Jae'la is sick. I gotta stay home with her."

"Can't you just hire a baby sitter?" I complained.

"I'm not leaving my baby with a stranger." She said. "I'm sorry babe. You know I love going witchu."

I sighed. "Well who ima go with now? Just Andrew? You know I don't have an entourage, I don't wanna look lame."

She shrugged. "I don't know. Ask Dawn maybe?"

My heart fell into the pit of my stomach.

"Why would I ask Dawn?"

It's not that I didn't want to, I just wanted to hear her reasoning. I don't know if she was being sarcastic or deadass.

"Aren't you two friends? I don't think she would mind."

"Youre telling me it's okay to take another girl to the club with me. Am I hearing this right?"

"As sexy as you are babe, I don't think Dawn wants you." She chuckled. "Plus doesn't she have a boyfriend anyway?"

"Y-yeah, she got a whole nigga." I lied, looking away from her.

"Okay so now I really have nothing to worry about." She shrugged. "I trust you babe."

Damn. I am such a piece of shit.

"Okay, babe. If you don't have an issue with it.."

"Have fun. Tell her I said what's up." She said, and kissed me one last time before walking out the room. "I'm gonna go check on Jae'la."

____________________________________

"She said what?!" Dawn asked. "Was she serious?"

"Yeah..." I told her, still in shock myself. "She said she trusts me..plus I told her you have a nigga."

"Guess you are keeping her bubble in tact." She said, with a slightly impressed look on her face.

"Told ju." I said. "But damn, I feel like a asshole for swindling her like this."

"Danny, if you ever wanna stop just tell me. We don't have to keep doing this if it's becoming too much on ya conscious." She told me. "I like what we have, but I'm cool with just chilling and working with you if that's easier for you."