Chapter 33- Damn Daniel

"Hello Mrs. Cooper, Mr Grainge." I said as I walked into the office with Clara, us both being confused as to why they wanted me here.

"Hello Ms. Davis!" Mr. Grainge greeted me, and so did Mrs. Cooper.

We sat across from them, waiting for them to explain.

"So as you know, you've recently have gone viral. With over, I believe 15 million views now?" Mr. Grainge said.

"Has it gotten that many now?" I asked, in complete shock.

They both nodded.

"Yes. And because of your talent and constant attention on all social media platforms, we see a major business opportunity that can benefit both Universal as a company, and yourself."

"Okay..." I said, waiting to see where they were going with this.

"Ms. Davis, Universal would like to offer you a record deal. We'd like you to become an artist of ours." Mr. Grainge offered.

Clara and I looked at each other in shock, then back at them.

"You don't have to decide now, but here is the contract." Mrs. Cooper slid me a piece of paper. "You can have your lawyer look over it to explain everything in detail to you."

"Okay..uhm, we'll get back to you with a decision." Clara said. "Thank you, Mr. Grainge and Mrs. Cooper. Have a nice day, you two."

Clara grabbed my hand and rushed out of the office out of earshot from them. "I've been telling you you needed to do this forever, please don't let this opportunity go to waste. I'm fucking begging you."

"What about Adrian? I can't be out here going on tours and doing shows and shit while I'm pregnant."

"So until you have the baby just record for now. We still need time to promote your brand anyway, by the time that's done I'm sure you would've had Adrian by then."

"I don't think I could go through with this, Cee. I'm fine with what I'm doing now. I don't need to be a rapper."

"Why wouldn't you wanna be the one to voice your own lyrics?" She asked. "Okay, how bout this. You turn that verse into a complete song, I'll contact a producer, they'll master and mix it. If you like it, then you'll atleast consider taking this deal."

I thought about it and took a long pause.

"Fine, alright." I sighed. "I'll get to it now, just lock in a studio for me."

After hours in the studio, I finally completed the song. It still had to me mastered and mixed by a producer. But everything I had to do was complete. I had to admit, I did actually enjoy recording my own song. It was something I could definitely see myself getting used to.

"It's so surreal to see you in that booth. I can't believe this is happening, I've been telling you to do this since we met." She clapped in excitement. "I'm gonna send these recordings off to Cardo so he could master and mix them."

"Okay, I just finished the ad-libs. Make sure you send those too." I told her.

My eyes shifted to the clock on the wall. "Shit, c'mon. I'm late for my appointment. We get to find out the sex today." I said grabbing my purse and phone.

"Really?!" She exclaimed. "That means I get to start shopping for the baby."

"Oh god, you're gonna be the kind of Godmother that spoils your Godchild, I already see it." I said, said, as I searched my bag for my car keys.

"Absolutely." She smiled and shrugged. "Let's go."

When we arrived, the wait wasn't too long. The receptionist directed us to the room and I got undressed and laid under the sheets as per usual.