Chapter 23- It's Only You

Danny's Point Of View

"You iight babe?" Jade asked, as she noticed me sitting quietly on the couch. I was so deep into thought I didn't noticed how angry I looked.

"Yeah..I'm iight." I lied, and tried to fix my intense facial expression to look more calm.

She sighed, knowing I was lying. She says I always block her out, which I don't but this time I actually have to.

She rolled her eyes, picking up her phone and started scrolling.

"Who's this guy Dawn is with? Is that her boyfriend?" She said, stopping and looking at a specific post.

"What? Lemme see?" I asked, snatching her phone.

It was a picture of her and cover boy, she really went as far as to posting a picture of them together?

"He's fineee." She said, looking at the picture. I immediately narrowed my eyes at her.

"What?!" She asked defensively and laughed.

I shook my head. "Nothin, Iono who he is." I shrugged and handed her the phone back.

She brushed it off and kept scrolling.

Maybe I did overreact, maybe I did just a little too much earlier. But she don't understand how possessive I could get. I know what the situation is and I know it ain't fair fuh me tuh be upset that she went out with somebody when I'm in a whole relationship. But just like my relationship bothers her, this bothers me; regardless if it's innocent. Tuh go out fuh lunch wit a nigga seems like a date. I'm in love wit her, of course ima have an issue with that. She's mine, ion want her around other niggas. I don't care how unfair it is.

Me and Dawn have neva argued like that, I've never seen her so angry. I didn't know my relationship bothered her so much..I mean I know she'd prefer me to be single, but I didn't know it was something that hurt her, or made her cry. Maybe I'm just fucking nieve. I just never thought about it.

I hate this, I hate being upset wit her and her being upset wit me. She's nothing but my happiness, and fighting with her threw off my whole mood. It threw everything off.

I ain't wanna go to sleep till I fixed it. I couldn't actually lose her over this.

I picked my phone up off the coffee table.

I opened up my messages and clicked on her name. I didn't know what to text her. My thumb just hovered over the message bar, trying to think of what to say. I'm not good with words.

The only thing I could text was how I felt. So that's what I sent.

I love you.

I saw the typing bubbles on the left corner of my screen.

I shouldn't be fucking a nigga who I know has a girl, just like you said. So maybe I'll just take your advice and leave this whole twisted ass complicated situation alone.

My heart fell to my ass when I after I read the text. Just the thought of her leaving me hurt the fuck outta me. Why did my dumbass say that bullshit.

I said that dumb shit because I didn't know what else to say. You were right and I was wrong I just aint wanna admit it. I'm just possessive.

Doesn't make it okay. Especially when you don't possess me.

I clenched my jaw, it really bothered me when she kept saying she's not mine, and talking all this shit about how she's technically single.