Chapter 35- Confessions

"What?..I'm c-confused. Dawn's baby?"

He nodded slowly.

"What? Dawn, what is he talking about? Someone explain."

I looked at Danny, expecting him to start explaining.

"I got Dawn pregnant, this my son. This baby is mines." He started. "Fuh about a year..I've been in a relationship with Dawn behind ya back; and I'm still in love wit her. It doesn't mean I don't love you too, it means I'm confused and I'm stuck between the both of you. I know you mad, I know you upset and if you wanna leave me, I don't blame you. I did you wrong, and you never deserved that." He said. "But fuh now..I have to be around Dawn. We just lost a child and we both need each other."

She had a blank expression on her face. You could tell she couldn't believe what she had just heard, she was stunned. I'm assuming she didn't know how to react. Her eyes just shifted between Danny and I then she scoffed.

"Jade.." I said. "I'm so sorry..I-"

"Shut the fuck up." She interrupted me. "Fuck you and your apology. Save it. You smiled in my face this whole time but behind my back you were fucking my nigga?! You're a fucking snake!"

I stayed quiet. Only because I probably deserved that.

Then she looked at Danny. "Well, it looks like you have two losses today." She said, heading towards the door.

She stopped in front of the door before she opened it and turned around.

"You know, it's real funny, you've been cheating on me this whole time, got this bitch pregnant and now you're wondering why you're standing there holding a dead baby? It's called karma. Fuck the both of you!"

That's when she took it too far. She brought my son into it. Say whatever you want about me, but do not bring my baby into it.

"Bitch you talkin bout my fuckin son?! I will beat the fucking brakes off you-" I said, rising up out of the bed as quickly as I could to stand up and attack her but Danny put his hand out in front of me, trying to hold me back.

"Chill, chill! You just came out of labor." He said. "You can't be fighting, jus let her go."

By that point she had already left, but best believe next time I saw her she was gonna get her ass handed to her for speaking about my child that way.

Danny let out a sigh and shook his head as I sat there still heated from what Jade said.

I honestly was in complete shock. If nothing else proved that he was truly sorry for what he did, that definitely proved it. He did something he's been so afraid to do for this whole pass year. I know that was huge for him. I thought maybe he was gonna mix lies with the truth; like tell her it was an accident and we got drunk and had sex. But no, he told her the complete honest truth.

"Danny-"

"It's fine." He said. "Les not even focus on that. Move ova." He said as he laid Adrian back down.

I scooted over, to give him room to lay down and he took of his sneakers and cuddled next to me. I reached over, and picked up Adrian again, holding him as Danny watched.

"He has ya nose.." Danny smiled as he looked down at him.

"Yeah, and he has your eyes." I chuckled. 

"Yeah, lil nigga my twin." He snickered.

Tears began running down my cheeks and Danny wiped them away.

"I know I wasn't hea for the pregnancy but..I'm gonna be hea for every step of you healing from this. Only if you let me." He said.

I just listened.