Chapter 20- May 8th

"Sign here ma'am." The suited car salesman told me. I happily grabbed the pen and scribbled my name across the line.

"And who will be the owner of the car?" He asked, as he licked one finger, flipping through pages of paperwork.

"Daniel Hernandez."

"Is this person licensed to drive?" He went down a list of questions. "Is this person atleast over 18?"

"Yes and yes." I confirmed.

He nodded, as he wrote on the papers. My eyes shifted to the keys of a customized rainbow Ferrari. I had the same exact one that was shown in his music video Stoopid made. Expect this one is actually his instead of it being rented.

"I want the license plate to say Tekashi69, spelled
T E K A S H I and the number 69."

"Oh like that rapper with the rainbow hair?" He laughed. "Are you a fan of his?"

"Something like that.." I chuckled, as I slid him my debit card, along with all the paperwork I just finished.

"I can't believe you're doing this." Clara said to me, with a slight disappointing expression on her face.

"Me neither." I smiled and shrugged. "But it feels right."

"God, I think this is worse than getting his face tatted on you. You're about to spend a shit ton of money on this nigga."

"He deserves it, it's his birthday." I said. "I know he'd spend the same amount of money on me."

"Just to confirm, your card is being charged $300,654.67. Is that okay?" The salesman interrupted our conversation.

Clara scoffed and shook her head. "You always gotta go all out." She told me.

"That's fine." I told the salesman, ignoring Clara.

"Are you sure you aren't interested in one of our payment plans?"

"No thanks." I said, giving him a dismissive wave. " I don't do car notes."

He raised his eyebrows in disbelief, and swiped my card.

"Okay, so. The car will be delivered to the location you requested on May 8th, tomorrow, at approximately 8pm."

"Perfect, that's right before the party starts." I said.

"Here is the keys, and a spare copy of the keys." He said. "It was wonderful doing business with you Ms. Davis. If you would like to have a last look at the car, it's in parking lot 23. First car to the left,"

I smiled at him and nodded before I grabbed the two sets of keys and followed his directions with Clara.

"He's gonna love it

"He's gonna love it." I said, proudly smiling at the car in front of me.

"Shouldn't you have gotten something- I don't know, a little less obvious? He's not necessarily the most liked person around."