Chapter 50- Loyalty Is Vintage

I scoffed as I read the caption to the picture Danny posted on Instagram

I scoffed as I read the caption to the picture Danny posted on Instagram. I've been nothing but loyal to Danny, he's blowing this shit way out of proportion. He unfollowed me, and won't return any of my calls or texts.

I dialed his number again, it rang twice then went to voicemail. He won't even hear me out. He doesn't wanna hear it, does he really want it to be over between us? Usually by now he'd calm down, and speak about it. We never let almost a week go by without talking, when barley fight, but when we do, we usually make up the next day.

"Yo, Dawn. Second verse, c'mon." Cardo said, taking me out of my endless thoughts.

"Oh, right." I said, getting up and entering the booth.

Every time I tried to recite the lyrics I'd stutter or trip over my words. I just wasn't feeling it today, I couldn't focus.

"Yo, I can't do this today." I shook my head, taking the headphones off my and putting them around the mic.

"You good?" Cardo asked, as I exited booth and sat down.

"No." I shook my head. "Just, relationship problems.."

"Oh, it was that performance, wasn't it? People won't stop talking bout it, you killed it. Especially for it being ya first performance."

"Thank you.." I gave him a half smile. "But, there was hell to pay for preforming it. I got the shit slapped outta as soon as I got off stage. Now he won't even answer my calls..unfollowed me on the gram and everything."

"Damn..it's that serious?"

I nodded. "For him..yeah."

"Well if you ain't preform it, niggas would've been clowning you for being booed off stage." He said. "What's the big deal? Everybody knows y'all together, you obviously don't mean that shit. It's just a song."

"Yeah. Try telling him that.." I rolled my eyes. "He doesn't understand that this is the song that put me on the map, the song just isn't gonna disappear because we're together now."

"Until he gets that, this song is always gonna be a problem..Yeah it was fucked up that you wrote it but you had ya reasons..and the past is the past. He gotta understand that."

"You right.." I said.

"Keep calling, if that don't work then stop by his crib. He can't ignore you if you're in his face." He said. "Try to fix this. It's putting you out of ya element..it's fuckin up ya flow. This ain't you, you always on point. You can't make music in this mindset."

After I left the studio, I got in my car. I pulled out my phone and dialed Danny's number.

"Yo, stop callin' my phone." He finally picked up. "I'm gonna block you if you don't stop."

"Danny, please let me explain-"

"It's ova Dawn." He interrupted me."What part of that don't chu get?"