Chapter 28- Options

"Clara I don't think I could make it in today." I told her, and I blew my nose into a tissue after. "I'm sick as fuck."

She frowned through our FaceTime call. "Do you want me to come over and take care of you?" She asked.

I nodded helplessly.

"Okay babes, I'll leave a little early for you." She said. "Just hang tight for a few hours."

"Okay." My nasally voice said, and I hung up.

This happened whenever the seasons changed, we were going into Autumn and around this time every year I'd get sick. Even since I was a kid.

My phone vibrated, telling me I had an incoming call from Danny.

"Hey baby." I answered.

"Hey gorgeous."

"So, how did everything go?" I asked him, even though I had already seen the huge shopping spree he took Jade on, on Instagram.

"Everything's good now." Danny told me. "We fixed it."

"That's...good." I said, of course I wasn't ecstatic about it, but I was happy that he wasn't as stressed as he was last night.

He noticed my delayed reaction and decided to change the subject.

"You iight? Why ya nose so red?"

"I'm sick." I complained.

"Awwww, my poor baby." He poked his lip out. "How can I make you feel betta?"

"I can think of a few ways.."

"As good as that sounds, you gon get me sick, and I can't afford tuh get sick anytime soon. I got mad appearances and interviews booked. Since my album dropped, niggas been booking me left and right." He told me.

"Yeah..I get it." I frowned. "It's iight."

"But I'll still come see you." He said, trying to cheer me up. "I'll bring you soup, and medicine and shit."

I giggled at his attempt. "It's okay babe, I'm probably gonna stop at my doctors in a few to get a prescription."

"Oh, iight." He said. "Well, ima check on you. Okay?" He said.

"Okay, babe."

"I love you, ma."

"I love you too." I said, and ended the call.

I sighed, and got up looking around for my car keys. Once I found them, I grabbed my keys and left out.

—-

"Dawn!" Doctor Evans exclaimed once she saw me. "What brings you in today? Are you alright?"

"No." I sniffled.

"Uh oh, that time of year again? Right?" She asked.

"Yeah." I whined. "Never fuckin fails."

"Of course not, seasonal colds stick with you forever hun." She told me. "I'm gonna run a few tests and give you your prescription." She said.

"Okay." I nodded, just wanting this process to be over with so I could go home and get some rest.

"How's your shoulder by the way? Has it healed up well?" She asked, as she unpackaged a needle.

"Yeah, left a scar but nothing too bad." I told her. "I'm thinking about getting a tattoo to cover it."

"That always works." She said. "Stay still.." She pricked my skin with the needle, extracting blood from me. I winced from the slight pain.