Chapter 54- Raw Talent

"Nice color." Jade commented, looking at my nails.

"Thanks." I replied as we waited for our orders of coffee. This is probably the most awkward 5 minutes I've waited in my life.

"Yeah, looks familiar..like the same color nails that was in the picture that I found on Danny's phone. That picture that you sent him of your pussy."

I rolled my eyes. "Is that where you wanna start?"

"No." She said. "I wanna start from the beginning."

"One medium almond joy mocha, one caramel spice latte." The barista said, sliding our coffee cups on the counter towards us.

We grabbed them and found seats near the back of the cafe, to be as incognito as possible.

"From the beginning." She reiterated. "Everything, from when you two met, when the flirting started, and when it got sexual."

"Okay." I sighed, then nibbled on my bottom lip to remember everything. "It started two months after he got released from jail, in March..my manager called me, saying 6ix9ine wanted a writer for his comeback."

"Okay, why you though?" She asked, taking a sip of her latte.

"Well..not to brag but I was and still am the best writer his label has. Also, when he first got out no one really wanted to work with him because he was a snitch."

She nodded, prompting for me to continue.

"I did some research on him, I liked his music even though it was the complete opposite of my writing style. Lyrical meaning isn't really his top priority when it comes to music, but it's mine. Somehow
when we first met, I liked him but as a artist. Our first connection was definitely through music. He was the first artist who actually let me be involved of the production of the song, things like that. He made my job so much more enjoyable." I told her. "He did start flirting with me from the moment we met, but nothing too crazy. And I of course, kept it professional as I do with all my artist."

"So you didn't have your eye on him from the beginning?" She asked. "You didn't find him attractive?"

"I found him attractive but I didn't want him. I worked with many artists who I thought was attractive. Doesn't mean I was attracted to them. It meant I just acknowledged he was good looking. But again, I didn't want him. I had a rule to never date artists, mixing business with pleasure was never my thing. Danny was just like any other artist to me, but he was the first artist that I really connected with. We were always on the same page musically. I love the way he made the songs I wrote for him come to life." I told her. "So after that, a friendship started."

"How did this friendship start, when did you two start hanging out outside of work?"

"After a studio session, he asked me to get lunch with him. So we went to some pizzeria in Manhattan and ate there." I said. "You called him, and that's when I saw you for the first time; and was aware that he had a girlfriend."

"Did that bother you at all?" She asked.

"Not at all I couldn't care less at first, I just didn't want you to have a problem with me, or feel threatened by me and try to stop him from working with me. Cause I honestly did enjoy working with him. He told me about you, how he loves you for holding him down for a year and a half. He didn't try to hide you from me, I don't think he intended for what happen between us to actually happen. It kinda just did." I told her.

"One time I saw you two at this restaurant, and I didn't bother to say hi cause I didn't want you to think there was something going on between him and I. But I saw you two kissing, and it didn't bother me at all. There was a point and time where I felt nothing for Danny at all. He was honestly and truly just a friend at one point." I said.