Chapter 37- 10pm

Danny's Point Of View

"Absolutely fuckin ridiculous.." I said to myself, looking at four slashed tires on the Rainbow Ferrari Dawn got me for my birthday.

"She slashed my fuckin tires." I told Dawn.

"How typical." She rolled her eyes. "She could've gotten a little more creative than that."

"Check yours." I told her.

She went over to her car that was parked on the curb.

"Yeah." She sighed, once she crouched down and examined her tires.

"All of them?" I asked.

"Every single one." She responded, now examining the two tires on the other side of the car.

"I'm gonna call a repair service someone to see if they could fix these shits." I said, shaking my head.

I shook my head because she had no consideration for the fact that were both dealing with a death. I know I hurt her, and she was trying to make our lives hell because of it. But she's forgetting that it already is hell right now.

She walked back into the house, and leaned against the counter. She didn't really seem too phased by it, it was almost as if she was expecting it.

"I'm gonna go take a walk or something." She shook her head, letting out a irritated sigh. "I need to get some fresh air."

"Dawn.." I said, as I watched her zipping up her hoodie.

"Yeah?"

"You do realize, people know you now right? You're famous. You'll get bombarded."

"Oh.." Her voice trailed off. "Well, it's 10pm I could just put the hoodie over my head so no one could really see my face. No ones outside anyway."

I chuckled, looking at her from head to toe, she had on a oversized gray hoodie and nike basketball shorts.

"Maybe that could work, cause you deadass dressed like a whole nigga right now."

She looked down at her outfit and laughed, shaking her head when she realized what I said was true.

"But whea would you even go anyway?"

"Iono." She shrugged, and began putting on her sneakers. "Marine Park isn't too far from here."

"Can I come?" I asked. "Or did ju just wanna go by yaself?"

"No." She shrugged carelessly. "You can come if you want."

She left out the door, holding it open for me. I grabbed my house keys and put on my slides; then left out.

It did feel good to finally get out the house, tuh be in a different space during everything I'm goin' through right now was probably somethin' I needed too.

We made a turn into the park, it was empty for the most part. Maybe a few joggers here and there but nothin' too crazy.

She stopped in front of the nearest bench and took a seat; I followed and sat next tuh her, scooting closer to her.