Jon XII / Daenerys XI

A/N: First, a much needed conversation. Then what I promised, over 2000 words of it -sweats profusely-

Jon tossed and turned, but he could not fall asleep. He had already been asleep for half of the day, since after he ate the buffet of food Daenerys shoved at him. But now he was awake at night, an hour after he woke up from the long nap. So there he was, very much awake.

Giving up, he slipped out of the bed, before running a hand down his face, annoyed. What could he do? Jaehaerys was fast asleep in his cot, so bonding with his son was out of the question. He wondered what he had missed? A month is a long time.

He looked out the window, seeing the moon was just a sliver tonight. As it had been when he left.

As if knowing he was looking outside, the glittering green scales of Rhaegal flew past his vision, seeming to hang around close to the Pyramid. He let out a low screech, sounding unhappy. Without a doubt, Jon knew he was suffering the same issue. Restlessness after a long nap.

Perhaps a ride around the Bay would tire them both out. He hoped it did, for this was a torture like no other. With this in mind, he headed to his door.

When he swung it open, he was met by the surprised yet also relieved face of Daenerys as she stood with her hand prepared to knock. Jon furrowed his brows at her. Her hand remained poised to knock, shaking as if she had it there for awhile. She lowered it after seeing his pointed look.

"How long have you been standing here?" He asked quietly, before stepping out and closing the door behind him.

"About five minutes," Daenerys answered, her cheeks turning red in the torchlight.

Jon frowned, placing his hand on her arm. "Is something troubling you? It's late."

Daenerys looked down at her feet for a moment, before turning her face up to look at him. She hesitantly brought her hand up to press against his cheek, her touch gentle as she cradled it. Jon let out a deep breath he had been holding through his nose, and tilted his head, waiting for an answer.

"I had to make sure you were still here," Daenerys murmured, before pulling her hand away from his face and placing it on his heart. "Alive and well. I was afraid it was just a dream."

Jon's heart ached for the pain he caused her. He didn't think it would effect her so badly. She'd been without him before, how was this any different?

She kissed you, a voice told him. She was ready and seemingly emotionally stable, and you left her a few days later. Oh.

Jon brought a hand to lie against hers, and pressed her hand more deeply against his heartbeat. He knew she probably felt it jump in response. Then he brought his other to her cheek.

"Dany, I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have left you." Once again, here he was, apologizing. He supposed he was doing something wrong if all he did was apologize. "I know I keep saying this. I'll try to be better, and to listen to you instead of my idiot head. All it does these days is get me into trouble."

Dany chuckled softly at his words. She gave him a teary eyed smile. "Will you?"

"I will. I swear it, I will. And I'll never do anything behind your back again. If I do, I give you the power to do anything you want to me as punishment," Jon told her, a smile playing at his own lips.

Daenerys' eyes darkened a bit. Jon was taken aback. Could that have made her aroused? Perhaps he was just imagining it.

"Anything?" She questioned, a tantalizing lilt to her words. So it did.

"Anything," Jon responded, unable to prevent how husky his voice sounded. Their eyes met with an intensity that ended with Dany looking away. Jon let out a huff.