Daenerys XII

A/N: I think I'll start writing brief summaries about the chapters. Maybe. Also I just wrote a single scene with 1750 words? Unheard of. Sorry for slow updates.

"Tomorrow is Jaehaerys' first nameday."

Jon's arms tightened around her waist from where he sat behind her. They were enjoying a peaceful evening in their chambers on the balcony after a stressful morning. "Oh?"

"He was born on a full moon," Daenerys responded, relaxing further into her love's arms. "Tonight it's just missing a sliver."

Jon's arms loosened and he brought a hand to trace patterns into her arm absentmindedly. She shivered at his light touch. "Where has the time gone? It doesn't feel like it's been so long since I've first held him."

Dany made a small noise of agreement. "Time passes too fast, it's cruel." She sighed, turning her body to face him. "I want it to be special. Suited for a prince."

"Then it will be special," he told her. "Though it should be kept a rather private affair."

She huffed, not happy that she had to hide Jaehaerys for so long, similar to how she was on the run most of her life. But she knew the consequences of making him known. "Perhaps he can properly meet the dragons tomorrow? Pet them?"

"Rhaegal and Drogon would be delighted to see our little prince, I'm sure," Jon murmured, bringing a hand to a stray lock of silver hair and tucking it back in place. Daenerys smiled, giving him a chaste kiss before melting back against him. "Though Lyarrax might get jealous." The two have formed an unmistakable bond.

"Perhaps we should get him a pie?" She suggested, picturing the large pigeon pie they served at royal weddings. She's only been to one, and it was memorable.

"I'm sure he'd like that," Jon spoke against her neck, nuzzling her before kissing her neck lightly. She smirked, bringing a hand up to brush through his freed curls before pulling his lips away. "Hmm?"

"None of that," she told him, before making an observation. "Your hair has grown quite long, I've noticed. When was the last time you had a proper trim?"

Jon shrugged. "Winterfell, I think. Would you like me to have it cut for Jaehaerys' nameday? Look my best?"

An idea came to her, one she liked greatly. "May I cut it for you?" The thought made her heart flutter. It was a rather intimate act, one that married couples partook in.

Jon rumbled a laugh, the vibration of it moving across her back. "Is this just a ploy to get a sharp object near my neck?"

Daenerys slapped his leg. "No! I just thought it would be nice."

"Nice, huh? I suppose I have no choice but to let you," he responded. "Anything my Queen wants."

Daenerys chuckled, getting up onto her feet before holding out a hand for him to take. "Are you afraid I'll do a bad job?"

Jon's eyes grew apprehensive as he took her hand, pulling himself up to his own feet. "Should I be? I do enjoy how I look."

"Don't worry, my love. I won't be ruining your precious hair," Daenerys said, pulling him into the chambers. "Go, sit." She nudged him towards the bed, before collecting a pan where she'd dispose of the hair. She placed it next to Jon, before finding her shears in the drawer. With a smile, she brandished it towards him. "Got it!"