e p i l o g u e

(: hi

--------

t e n y e a r s l a t e r ✖

| Aliyah's Point Of View |

Today is Audrey's 13th birthday party. We had our whole backyard set up with games, balloons, more games, and yeah, games.

Michael is coming with his soon to be wife, Lizzy. Calum is also coming with his girlfriend, Kate. Ashton is of course coming with his wife, Sarah. Some of Audrey's friends from school, my family and Luke's family, and of course - our new addition to the family, Hannah Lynn Hemmings who is 4 months old is coming.

I can also assure you that Luke did not break his promise. Him and I fall more in love each and every day.

Anyway, I held Hannah in my arms as I tried to put a big pink bow into Audrey's pony tail. "Mom, I think you're struggling." Audrey laughed.

"I know, Auds. But everything I put Hannah down, she cries." I chuckled slightly as I continued to put in her bow.

"Well, where's dad?" Audrey questioned. "He's still putting things together for your party." I replied.

"Hey! I came early to help out, if that's okay." Sarah - Ashton's wife spoke from behind me.

"That's perfect. Can you take Hannah up to her room and get her changed for the party? It'd be lovely if you could." I asked her, kindly.

"Of course, Aliyah!" Sarah smiled and took Hannah from my arms. "Be right back."

I sighed in relief, and fixed Audrey's hair.

"Andddd, all done!" I clapped and kissed her cheek.

"Thanks, mom! I love you." She smiled and stood up.

"You're welcome, love. Go head your dad with setting up for the party." I patted her shoulder.

She nodded and skipped out of the room.

--------

"Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to Audrey, Happy birthday to you!" We all clapped and cheered as she blew out her candles on her birthday cake.

"Thanks all of you." Audrey smiled at everyone.

"What'd you wish for?" Audrey's friend - Daniel asked her.

Audrey blushed and looked down, shrugging.

He poked her side. "Tell me, Auds."

"Fine! I wished for you to like me." She blushed again and looked down.

"But I already do." He smiled and hugged her.

Everyone "aww'd" at the moment, except Luke.

"Woah, woah. She's too young for a boyfriend." Luke spoke up.

"Shut up, dad! I'm thirteen, I'm pretty sure i'm old enough for a boyfriend." Audrey snapped, standing up and storming inside.

I sighed. "I think we'll be ending the party a little early today."

Everyone nodded, understanding.

------

A hour later and Hannah was put to sleep and the party was cleaned up.

"Luke, you shouldn't have said that to her in front of everyone." I told him as we sat in the living room.

"It needed to be said." He replied, shrugging.

"Not in front of everyone to embarrass her." I pointed out.

"I guess I just got mad, alright? I'm sorry." He sighed.

"Tell her that, not me." I told him, then walked upstairs into our shared room and got ready for bed.

| Luke's Point Of View |

I made my way to Audrey's bedroom door and knocked.

"Go away."

I went inside anyway and sat at the edge of her bed.

"What do you want? You already ruined my birthday party." Audrey pulled her bright pink covers over her head.

"Listen, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to embarrass you, I just got overprotective because you're daddy's little girl, even though you have a little sister who is also my little girl, that doesn't mean you're being replaced. I just don't want you growing up yet, and I got upset knowing that you'll be dating soon." I spoke quickly as I pulled the covers down to look at her face.

"I love you, Audrey. And I'm awfully sorry that I ruined your birthday party. Forgive me?" I grabbed her hand and held it.

She rolled her eyes playfully. "I love you too, and don't worry, just because I might start dating soon doesn't mean I won't be your little girl anymore."

I pulled her into a hug and kissed her cheek.

"You guys are so cute."

We both looked at the door frame and saw Aliyah holding Hannah.

"Come watch a movie." Aliyah told us as she walked back into our room.

I grabbed Audrey and we both walked into Aliyah and I's room.

Aliyah layed on the left side with Hannah snuggled up, Audrey in the middle and me on the right side, watching Mean Girls.

This is how I like it. My beautiful family making happy memories together.

And I, wouldn't change this for the world.

------

AND THAT'S IT

i'll save all my annoying things i have to say for the next chapter

ily

I'm out ✌